“Outstanding Experience on a Beautiful Island” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Activities in Princeville
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: I live for the privileged opportunity of taking others into the great outdoors of Kauai. Hike Kauai with me is a privately owned hiking outfit that specializes in hiking adventures for all types of people – whether you are a beginner with limited experience or a seasoned outdoorsman with numerous expeditions under your belt. We tailor our tours to the exact specifications that fit your unique comfort level. No large groups to take away from your serenity experience, just you. As a small, individually owned company, we are able to give you the personal attention and care that you require at just the pace you want with just the views you crave - a tour that will lodge itself into your memory for years to come. So, grab your camera and your sense of adventure and come hike Kauai with me!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Experience on a Beautiful Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I did three hikes with Eric. I was very impressed with his professionalism, first, because he early assessed me and then made sure that all the walks I did with him were challenging but within my abilities and thoroughly enjoyable. Eric walks in places others don't go, so you have a wonderful vision of a world before it vanishes. If you can rise early, walk and can enjoy the day at its best, you are on Kauai and you want to learn about the ecosytems of this beautiful place, do not miss this.

Los Angeles, California
“A Unique Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am so happy to have met a real trail blazer. My boyfriend and I were treated to a great morning hike on a trail that Eric literally made himself! Did not see anyone else (of course!) which made the trip all the more personal. Eric knows a great deal about the place and has a very sincere love for hiking and Kauai. Great to do this on the first leg of your trip because he will have a lot of great tips for sight seeing and places to eat in at the west and south side. We really enjoyed hiking and talking to Eric. The views were a great treat too!! Would definitely do this again!

San Francisco, California
“Hiking with Eric Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Did a one-on-one hike of Waimea Canyon with Eric - it was quite excellent. Eric is a very entertaining and knowledgable guide, pointing out details of the local flora and fauna, history of the region, and great conversation about Kauai culture and history in general. Really stimulating experience with many great views, and, as promised, Eric tailored the walk to my speed level and my desire to take many photographs. Also gave great advice of what to explore on the west side of the island after the hike was over. Highly recommended.

Hopewell, New York
60 attraction reviews
“A great Canyon morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We both really enjoyed our hike with Eric.
He has a wonderful knowledge of the area and history and not only are you treated to stunning views but stimulating conversation as well.
If we were to have the chance to hike with Eric again we would choose a trip that was a little more of a physical challenge but this hike was just right for us and the great thing about using Eric for your hike is that you can plan it to be whatever you want it to be.
We learned a lot about the island history in the time we spent with Eric and since we got an early start we were able to drive up to the upper canyon lookouts and trails before any crowds arrived.

Visited September 2013
“The Road Less Traveled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I went hiking with Eric while in Kauai. He was very responsive to our inquiries. His love of Hawaii is evident as he describes life on the island. Our hike, which took us along the canyon road and overlooked a valley, was beautiful. It was good we got started so early, because this is the dry side of the island, so I imagine it can get very hot and uncomfortable later in the day.

I was surprised that we finished the hike in about 2.5 hours, however this gave us plenty of time to drive up to the top of Waimea Canyon (gorgeous). I would recommend this adventure if you like the road less traveled.

Visited September 2013