“Beautiful hike!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: I live for the privileged opportunity of taking others into the great outdoors of Kauai. Hike Kauai with me is a privately owned hiking outfit that specializes in hiking adventures for all types of people – whether you are a beginner with limited experience or a seasoned outdoorsman with numerous expeditions under your belt. We tailor our tours to the exact specifications that fit your unique comfort level. No large groups to take away from your serenity experience, just you. As a small, individually owned company, we are able to give you the personal attention and care that you require at just the pace you want with just the views you crave - a tour that will lodge itself into your memory for years to come. So, grab your camera and your sense of adventure and come hike Kauai with me!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ontario
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I were only in Kauai for 2 days and wanted to do a hike to take in the breathtaking views. Eric took us for a 3 hour hike on the rim of Waimea Canyon. We had an early start and were able to see the sunrise during our hike. Eric is very knowledgeable about Kauai and he shared lots of great information and stories with us. His trails are off the beaten path which we loved... we didn't see another person during the entire 3 hours. It didn't feel like hiking with a guide, more like hiking with a friend. If we ever visit Kauai again, which we definitely hope to, we will definitely be booking with Eric again.

Visited November 2012

“Hike with Eric!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were excited to spend nearly two weeks on the island of Kauai and were particularly looking forward to hiking. I had done extensive research, and being inexperienced with the terrain, didn't want to underestimate or overestimate our abilities. Books and websites helped somewhat, but I was looking for more, and was therefore very happy to stumble upon Eric's site. I loved the idea of a knowledgeable guide who could personalize something for us and allow us a break from details and planning. Eric quickly responded to my email request, and we were set. The morning was incredible and tailored to our requests. We wanted to experience natural beauty away from crowds. We were looking for photo opportunities, education, a moderate workout and good company. He delivered on all fronts. Eric was knowledgeable, friendly and just fun to be around. We appreciated his offer to stay in touch as a resource throughout our stay.

When we left Eric, we discovered great coffee and a delicious acai bowl at Little Fish Coffee in Hanapepe. This was an excellent place to relax, reflect on the morning and plan more hikes! We used the experience and information provided by Eric to sort out our plans and appreciated having information to help guide our valuable Kauai time. We strongly recommend Eric, and even though we are more familiar and comfortable with the island, we hope to hike with him next time around.

Visited September 2012
Thousand Oaks, California
8 attraction reviews
“Customized itinerary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We are at the other end of the spectrum from the last review. Active couple in our 60's. I've followed Eric's great Facebook posts for a while now, so it was a given that we would hike with him on this latest trip. What a great experience. He introduced us to some hidden parts of the island, based on our requests and activity level. He knows so much about the island and is so willing to share. I highly recommend his guidance.

Buffalo, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Must-Do in Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Kauai on our honeymoon in August and went on a hike with Eric. When we booked it we were nervous about the early start- 6:30am with a 45 minute drive- but we were still on east coast time so it actually worked out great. Eric is extremely easy-going, friendly, and knowledgeable and asked us beforehand what we were interested in so that he can prepare for the hike. He was more than willing to take pictures and answer questions about the island, and we spent the rest of the day exploring based on his recommendations. The hike showed us some absolutely gorgeous views of the island and we learned so much. I would highly recommend hiking with Eric!

Visited August 2012
San Jose, California
“Beautiful hike on Kauai south shore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I have now hiked with Eric on Kauai twice. On this trip, we spent three hours hiking along the beautiful south shore of Kauai near Poipu. (We did a hike in Waimea canyon on our last trip.) Eric is a terrific guide and shares his experiences living on the mainland and on Kauai. He made sure we had several chances to see Honu (the sea turtle) as we walked along the coast. This was a part of island that we had never experienced, and we had a spectacular day. If you want to experience Kauai with someone who knows and loves the island and loves his work, Eric is the person to contact!!

Visited August 2012