“Units 9123 and 4105/6” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“Units 9123 and 4105/6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've now stayed in both of these units, rented from the Oehm Group, and have to say they are great. Spacious, airy, light and with breathtaking views of the bay. Having spent a month in 9123 and seeing more of what's available made me return to the same spot and rent another unit from the same owners as 9123 was not available. 4105 is equally great and lovely with adjoining 4106 with its extra bed/bath for a big family stay (If you like to have food nearby, I do not recommend 4106 or any hotel unit without a kitchen as you'll have no place to eat at this resort). The resort itself has undergone pool reconstruction and now restaurant reconstruction while there, so, something to watch for and inquire about. Fantastic otherwise. Great value for what you get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in Condo 4104 & 4105 and the view of the Hanalei Bay and mountains was amazing. We could see it from the bedrooms and living room and was it wonderful to wake up to. We ate every meal out on the lanai to watch the changing scenery. The area was quiet and the folks friendly. We'd never stayed on the North Shore before and really enjoyed the lush tropical feel of the area. A wonderful location! Great hiking trails were nearby and the town of Hanalei was so charming.

Room Tip: If you can, get an ocean view - it made the whole trip for us.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at this resort after staying in the southern part of Kauai. The staff were really friendly and helpful and for me as a solo traveler they only allowed me to take out 1 towel at a time. The resort fee is super super cheap vs. other hotels I've stayed at on the island which made me extremely happy. The trek to the beach is pretty steep but I mostly spent my time exploring other beaches on the north side (Ke'e, Anini, Tunnels, etc.). Though it's amazing that this hotel is right next to the prestigious St. Regis at much much more affordable prices...yay! My room was pretty outdated but as you're in Kauai - you don't spend alot of time there when there's so much to do (aka the Kalalau trail to the Falls). Free parking was great and I loved the fact that the hotel was able to store my luggage for a couple of hours while I checked out but was able to explore more beaches and such without having to worry about luggage sitting around visable in my car. The view from my 1st level hotel room was great too...i would sit out on my patio during a couple of sunsets and relax. I feel like any room there has an amazing view of Hanalei bay or the mtns and the sunset. This part of Kauai was my favorite (Princeville, Hanalei, etc.)...and I'll definitely go back to this area and stay here. :-) The only 1 issue I had was the AC, it seemed to work sometimes and not others...but overall...fabulous place.

Room Tip: My room was on the 1st floor and I had an incredible view of Hanalei bay and the sunset. The rooms...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great place for your value. Quite condo that easily accessible from the parking lot. Close to a private beach on Hanalei Bay. Golf course nearby. Quiet area of Princeville. The view from the balcony was great. Close to the hiking trail and Kapa'a. A little bit of a drive to Poipu.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Besides the beautiful pool (I understand there were two, but we honestly only went to the one right outside our condo), and I mean really beautiful, the grounds of this property were just tremendous. The condo was slightly worn, but nothing glaring or detracting. We had no problems with the property whatsoever.

But here was the nice surprise: This was like going to a tennis camp! A number of well-maintained, good tennis courts, a tennis pro on-site as well as several tennis staff, tennis shop, tournaments, private and group lessons - it was fantastic. And the weather is cool enough that you can play any time of the day and still be comfortable.

There were only two of us, but we saw plenty of families and groups of friends at the resort. It's very near two golf courses, lots of walking and hiking in the area, restaurants nearby... It's a terrific place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Golden,CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I would first like to say that the staff at the Resort really went out of their way to make peoples' stay enjoyable. You can count on everyone there being friendly and helpful. I have been coming here for 6 years and I noticed a profound positive change in help and service making it a fantastic place to stay. The location is perfect for me as I simply want a nice place to get up, eat a good breakfast, take off and hike or sit on a beach all day, come back and settle in for the evening in a beautiful spot and get up and do it again. I am not one to hang out at the pool or use all the amenities, but the location, beauty of the place and view alone more than make up for my lack of "tourist participation". It is a fantastic spot - people that say otherwise are likely those that want the ultimate 5 star acomodations for a budget price - get over it. This place is extremely reasonable in price and provide very clean, neat and beautiful units. I have stayed in 3 different units over the past 6 years and all were excellent in all ways. If something is "out of sorts", the staff will address and fix it immediately and are very service oriented. I have to say this - spoiled people want the very best for free - at HBR, you get fantastic for a below normal fee - this place is a gem and is a great place for the family vacation, the romantic vacation or the "adventurer" vacation (me). Great job!

Room Tip: I liked rooms on the south side as well. The area is quiter, but there is a good hill to get down th...
Sanford, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've reviewed our amazing condo separately, so I'll reserve this space just for the resort itself. We had very little issues with Hanalei Bay Resort. Granted, they are still rebuilding the restaurant and bar from a previous fire, but we planned to visit bars and restaurants on the island itself anyway. Plus our condo had a great kitchen that allowed for meals and drinks to be consumed in privacy. The pool was awesome and well maintained. The only downfall I had with this resort is the fact that you have to park in the main lot and then hike/walk to your unit. There is an option to call the front desk and have a golf cart brought to you, but we never wanted to hassle with that. Depending upon where your condo is, the walk/hike might not be that bad. Also, I wouldn't recommend this resort for honeymooners. There are a lot of families with small children. Takes away from the romance a little bit. Overall, the resort was everything we were looking for.

Room Tip: Make sure your condo has ocean view from the lanai and bring good shoes to walk in, unless you call...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanalei Bay Resort? Share your experiences!