“A true 5 star hotel and experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Princeville
Walnut Creek, California
“A true 5 star hotel and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The absolute best hotel experience I've ever had. The view was amazing. The whole wall pretty much opens up to the most beautiful view of the oceans and mountains. The room was clean and nice as I would expect it to be. The privacy glass to the bathroom is a fun treat as well, clear one minute and with the push of a button is fogged.

Service was impeccable. I hope to be able to afford many more stays here. Truly, everyone must experience this hotel at least once in your lifetime.

Great job St Regis!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
South Padre Island, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the St. Regis. Great valet and check in service. We had dinner at the bar the first night as we arrived late. Very average service. We actually had to sit at the bar to get served versus the tables in the bar. Good food but very limited menu and small small small portions. Room was warm but they did bring a fan. You have to take 2 elevators to get to the pool or beach. Sort of annoying. We used points for these nights. Not sure I would pay over $300 per night for this resort. Pool was great and beach was nice. We had a great sunset drink.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Aloha Kstant,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our Resort. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional and we hope you allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We recently spent one week at the St. Regis Princeville Resort and I fell in love. We had an ocean view room overlooking mountains and ocean. The room was beautifully decorated and everything you could ever need was in the room (if it wasn't a staff member would get it for you). The private beach and swimming pool was just perfect. The grounds were beautiful and lush with trails for walking. The drinks at the bar were delicious. We ate at the bar several times and everything we had was vey good. The view from the restaurant is divine. We had breakfast there several times and I would rate it a 4 out of 5. The service in the bar, restaurant and pool area was friendly and professional. The bar at the pool had a new drink called a Cocohito, a pina colada and a mojito mixed. It was delish if you like sweet drinks. Cannot wait to stay here again. I absolutely love this place. I have to say it again. It is so BEAUTIFUL!

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor which is where the lobby is. It was call a premium deluxe ocean view. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Aloha Kathy T,

Mahalo for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the St. Regis Princeville Resort. We truly value our customers comments and we are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional. Our dining venues appreciated hearing feedback and I have shared this review with our Bar & Pool staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome back in the near future for another tropical libation.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked the St Regis based on it being the top hotel in Kauai. Arriving after travels in South Korea and Japan, it was wonderful to come to the St Regis and be in our beautiful ocean view room. While the room and the hotel are wonderful, the food is not on par. The prices are high and there is very little local food available. High prices for fabulous food is not a problem - the food at the St Regis, needs some work.

We loved the cabana off of the beach and enjoyed watching sunsets from there. The one night we decided to watch the sunset from the lounge patio, we were quite disappointed by the bill discrepancy. Our bottle of wine listed on the menu was $12 more on our bill. This was corrected by our server. Still, it strikes me as very strange that a computerized bill does not match a printed menu.

While we enjoyed our time here, were we to travel to Kauai again, I would definitely find alternative accommodations.

Room Tip: The ocean view room made our room heavenly. Definitely a must.
Aloha Sabsong,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our Resort. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed your room and view. I have shared your comments with our Culinary team and our Bar Management so that we may improve on our quality of service and menu options. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Ephrata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent our anniversary at this location. This was our second trip to Kauai and stayed at the Hyatt in Poipu the first time. We stayed in a suite on the 9th floor with a beautiful view of the bay and mountain...sunsets were spectacular! The staff was very attentive and remembered our names after the first day. Pool service was excellent as well. We received two desserts in honor of our anniversary, a nice touch! We did not come here expecting a bargain vacation, and the St. Regis does not present itself as such. It is very expensive to stay, eat and park here. An option for free self parking would have been nice. We had breakfast at the hotel each morning, and it was very nice and a beautiful setting...although very expensive. 2 buffets, tax and gratuity was nearly $100.00 each day. We had dinner the first night at Makana Terrace and were rather disappointed in the food, especially for the price. After that, we ate at The Tavern, CJ's, Dolphin, and Merriman's in Poipu. We would have liked to eat at BarCuda but didn't make a reservation soon enough. We often had room service coffee and dessert in the evenings, only to realize the last day, that the box in the living room contained a coffeepot and coffee and tea! This hotel is a fine example of a luxury hotel...courteous, efficient staff, clean and updated suites and bathrooms, a fantastic setting and elegant common areas. If we return to Kauai, we would definitely choose this over the Hyatt. Remember, you are in Princeville, probably at least an hour drive from the Poipu area. We made the drive several times to go on a sunset cruise and dinner, plus we drove the Waimea Canyon, so we felt we did a lot of driving. On our return, we will probably limit our driving and look for things to do in the north shore area. We did zip line at the Princeville Ranch and they have lots of other activities as well. We were very impressed with their operation.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the 9th floor or above.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

St. Regis Princeville is the nicest hotel on Kauai. We arrived for our honeymoon, and were greeted by manager Marc Pittman, who upgraded our room to an awesome ocean terrace, with doors that open to beach level and a little patio with lounge chairs, table and umbrella, hibiscus blossoms giving us privacy and a killer view of the bay and mountains. Truly spectacular. We had several cute wild chickens visiting us at our back porch. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning, great buffet and fresh squeezed island juices and gorgeous views, but ate the rest of our meals at some great nearby restaurants on the north shore. Will definitely come back for our anniversaries.

Room Tip: Loved our ocean terrace room
Aloha Erik A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent experience at our Resort. We truly appreciate hearing from our Guests and I will make sure the Mr. Pittman receives acknowledgement for his wonderful efforts in making sure your Honeymoon stay was a memorable one. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back for many years to come and hopefully to celebrate another momentous occasion.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

St Regis Review

What can I say that hasn't been said already?!?! Before our trip even began, I knew the experience at the St. Regis was going to be special. I received a call from January a week before our trip - she wanted to know if we had any special request. I had booked two separate reservations: one from Hawaiian Airlines and the other directly with the hotel because my mom decided to join us on the trip. Plus, we were traveling with our 16 month old daughter. I informed January that it was my mom's first visit to the islands - she said she would have something special for my mom and my daughter. So, I expected something small but not prepared for what was in-stored for,us upon arrival.

We arrived to the hotel four hours before check-in time and was told that our rooms were available. Although we were booked on two different reservations for only mountain view rooms, both rooms were upgraded to ocean view rooms on the second floor near each other (rooms 214 & 208); my mom had a nice handbook about Kauai as a welcome gift; my daughter was given a nice welcome kit with toiletries, a complimentary baby menu we used every night, and s'mores delivered to the room the second night - we truly felt like VIPs. The customer service was very attentive - from the minute we drove up, the valets knew our name and even learned our daughter's name. By the pool, our daughter loved to play with ice, so the waiter at the pool brought over a huge bucket so she could play with it. The staff made us really feel welcomed - I don't understand the complaints of some reviewers. Granted, everyone has a story to tell but from what I've read, the negative reviews about the staff seem out of character from what we experienced.

The ocean view room was awesome - I think the rooms are kept up exceptionally well. Yes, the bathrooms are not modern and new but it's still very luxurious and for anyone to say otherwise is just nitpicking, in my opinion. However, the rooms are large and spacious - although we were upgraded, even the mountain view rooms are nice. I would recommend people book those rooms and take their chances on being upgraded - and if you're a Starwood member it is much more likely.

For the thousandth time, YES the food is expensive but this is a St Regis and not a Sheraton or Westin: a burger is going to cost $24 and a drink $15-16 a piece. I understand the gripe about parking but food? Come-on... if you want to stay at the St Regis pay the piper.

Now, parking is really the only issue I have with the hotel. If one is paying upwards of $400 a night, parking should be included particularly when there is no alternative. Either charge a resort fee that includes parking or offer it free of charge. I would understand the charge if this was a prime city location like NY, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc... but I see most hotels charging except the Four Seasons. I just think a little would go a long way - and charging for use of snorkeling equipment, paddle boards is also something that should be offered pending a resort fee or raise the prices of the rooms to include these amenities. So, I understand paying for parking rubs guest the wrong way when you're already paying a premium - like charging for wireless is a no no in my book when these little hotels like Hyatt Place, etc... offer it free of charge.

Overall, awesome experience - near perfection and I cannot recommend St Regis highly enough. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!