“Most beautiful property with outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

5th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melrose, Massachusetts
“Most beautiful property with outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family recently returned from the St Regis and I don’t normally take the time to write a review- but I just have to. My husband and I brought our 3 kids and stayed with you for 5 nights. The property itself is spectacular. However that’s now what struck us the most. The service was impeccable from the minute we pulled our car up to the valet. Everyone greeted us by name, could not have been friendlier or kinder to the kids and just absolutely blew us away. The concierge services were also terrific and they helped us plan many fun excursions.
I absolutely fell in love with the St Regis and we can’t wait to come back someday. We are from MA so it’s quite a trip- but I have already recommended your resort to many friends.
We are avid Starwood members and by far this is our favorite property to date.
Just wanted to pass that along- I too am in a service industry and all too often people only want to talk about what went wrong. You should be commended for setting the standard for what service should be.
Have a great day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

As a platinum SPG member who's been to many many many starwood properties around the world, I can confidently say that this is one of my favorites, if not my favorite. The hotel is gorgeous, the island is amazing, the food is fantastic, the spa is awesome, and the service is second to none. Came here for my wife's babymoon and her 30th birthday. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. I cannot WAIT to go back.

Room Tip: I upgraded to an ocean front junior suite. Comes with St Regis butler service where they brought us...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Aloha Toejanious,

Mahalo for writing such a gracious review. We truly value our SPG Members and we are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional. Our staff takes great pride in being able to provide bespoke service to each and every guests and on behalf of the entire St. Regis Princeville staff we hope your wife thoroughly enjoyed her Birthday getaway and much needed rest before your bundle of joy arrives. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back soon and hopefully with a addition to your Ohana.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Booked our honeymoon at the St. Regis Princeville Resort using Costcotravel.com. Our package included a free upgrade from a Premium Ocean View Room to a Jr. Suite, free daily breakfast buffet, and car rental. One of the main reasons we chose this resort was the location. Our view overlooked the Ocean and Bali Hai (Makana Mountain) which is absolutely breathtaking. The North Side of the Island is the rainy side of Kauai. Fortunately, we went during their lowest rainfall period in the year (July). When we entered our Jr. Suite we were nicely surprised to have a bottle of champagne waiting for us for our honeymoon. The Jr Suite includes a butler service. They brought us coffee every morning in a French Press. We also used the butler service to press our clothes which was complementary. They will also unpack and pack your clothes for you. In the bathroom, there is a window next to the tub, so you will be able to have a nice view while taking a shower or bath. There is a switch in the bathroom that can change the window glass for privacy. Ate at the restaurants Makana Terrace and Kauai Grill at the hotel. The Kauai Grill is a Jean-Georgges Vongerichten restaurant. It's probably the best restaurant on the North Side of Kauai. Tried snorkeling at the resort, but I was not impressed. We drove to Tunnels Beach on the North Side of the island. I read reviews that it's supposed to be the best place to snorkel during the summer months. Ate at a couple of restaurants in Hanalei (neighboring town). I recommend eating at BarAcuda. It's a tapas style restaurant. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay here again if it is over the summer time. Mahalo!

Aloha Windycitytravelguy,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our Resort. We are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional and hope you enjoyed your Honeymoon getaway. Our signature Butler service and Prince Junior Suites are truly a unique experience and being able to take advantage of the services they provide is the best perk of your package! We hope you will return for many years to come and have our Resort be the address for your Anniversaries!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family had a very nice stay. The attention to detail was excellent. Our room upgrade was perfect and our butler met us upon checking into the room. The pool is great, a little deep for our young kids. Furthermore, my wife spent two mornings in the spa. Overall great location, room and service.

Room Tip: Closer to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aloha Txdelphia,

Thank for you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience while staying at our Hotel. Hearing feedback from our guest is one of the many reasons our staff take great pride in working at our Resort. It would be our pleasure to welcome your entire family back to our Resort in the near future.

Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

As I sit here in my Seal Beach, CA home, I can close my eyes and still see the most beautiful sunsets in Hanalei Bay--right out of my hotel window, or the expansive St. Regis Bar windows, or from a table at the Makana Terrace. We spent the first 4 nights of our trip on the South shore, but our North Shore experience at the St. Regis is what I will remember. When we arrived at our room and saw the incredible view, my 8 year old daughter said, "Now THIS is Hawaii!" She was certainly right. Extremely friendly and attentive staff, delicious food, and just the most relaxing fun we have had in a long time. Thank you for making our trip so memorable.

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean view. The windows open all the way, and the view is truly spectacular and you can...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I recently spent six wonderful nights in the St. Regis Princeville Resort. The hotel is outstanding and the staff went out of their way to make our visit memorable. The hotel is perched on a hillside and goes down 9 floors to the beach and up to floors to the top levels. The outstanding lounge and bar is on the 9th floor and offers breathtaking views of Hanalei Bay and the sunset. The pool area was outstanding, with nice chaise lounges and wonderful staff providing help with towels, cold water, and selections from the grill and bar right next to the pool. We really felt pampered with the many staff people taking care of us during our visit. We had several excellent meals there including breakfast, lunch and dinner on different days. We also had fun finding the excellent restaurants in the small town of Hanalei just to the west of the Princeville property. I'll write reviews of those as well. This trip was part of our celebration of 46 wonderful years as a couple.

Room Tip: WE stayed on the fourth floor, which gave us easy access to the pool and beach area. The view was ni...
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Location is 5 star
Kauai is incredibly beautiful, and the St Regis is an ideal location to enjoy it from. In the past I have stayed in Princeville, and would agree that the St Regis has the premium location.

Service was 4 star
Pretty good overall. didnt get my room upgrade that I thought I was promised but a late checkout made up for that. Two mornings the car valet was out of towels but other than valets were excellent

Room was 4 star
*Definately NOT what I expected from a 5 star hotel and not like the Ritz or Four Seasons properties in Hawaii. Our room was just what you would find in many Westin hotels just larger.
*Housekeeping was less than 4 star, especially missing the used qtip under our phone(we found it the 2nd day)
*Privacy window- warning!, there is a window between the bath and room. While you can white it out, its very awkward when you can still see too much when the light is on. Tip, bring a low power battery op'd light

Dining 5 star
* Kauai Grill is fabulous
* Makena Grill is fantastic(get the breakfast addon too)
* Pool food and service was better than most 4-5 star hotels and I didnt think the price was out of line considering the property
*Service in dining areas was 5 star

Hotel Property 5 star
Outstanding common areas, like the St Regis Bar, Pool area and a quiet beach

Tips-
The SR is expensive, so try dining a few nights in nearby Hanalei
-Postcards- Excellent (Gourmet & Romantic)
-Baracuda- Excellent (Tapa style)
-Dolphin- Avoid, its not that good
-Hanalei Gourmet- Great for a bargain night
Bring jeans if you want to horseback ride
Bring old shoes that you can throw away if hiking
Check Safari helicopters web rate($189 total 1hr pp) if you will fly
Keep a bottle or two of Champagne in your wine chiller at all times
This place is expensive so check around, I found a reasonable deal mountainview & package airfare through travelocity that also included breakfast(otherwise its $35/pp extra or you have to drive somewhere)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aloha Missika,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your most recent stay at our Resort. Hearing feedback from our guest such as yours allows us to improve for our future guests and I have shared your concerns with our Executive Directors. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known for.

With warmest aloha,

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!