“SPG Platinum Member Review” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Princeville
Dover, MA
“SPG Platinum Member Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am a SPG Platinum, Lifetime Gold member. This is our second time staying at the St Regis Princeville. We stayed in Feb 2013 for 5 nights. I used SPG points to stay and we where booked in an ocean view room. There is no resort fee but mandatory valet parking is $30 which is doubled what it was in May 2010 when we were here last.

We arrived on a Saturday evening around 9pm. We pull up to the valet, given leis and walked over to checkin. As the resort was very full we did not get upgraded to a Jr. Suite as I had hoped but I did ask and they said towards the end of our trip they could upgrade us. Back in 2010 we were upgraded to Jr. Suite on the 10th floor in Building B (see my review). This year we were given a room on the 4th floor in building C. Although the room is smaller and the bathroom did not have a nice ocean view, the actual view from the room was better than the Jr. Suite we had. We had a nice view of the sunset, Bali Hai and the Bay. We enjoyed sitting by the window and watching the sunset. Most of the rooms do not have lanais. Some have patios like the ones that are located on the 1st floor right in front of the pool and on the 8th floor jr. Suites in building A. The rooms on the 1st floor are standard rooms and they would be noisy and have a lack of privacy that my wife and I would enjoy. There are a handful of jr suites in building A that have patios w chairs and umbrellas that are really nice. They are private and have a great view of the sunset.

We really enjoyed are room, sitting along the window seats and watching the sun set each evening. As a Platinum member we enjoyed "high speed" internet access as well as complimentary continental breakfast. We could upgrade to the full buffet for $15 per person and we did do that each day except our last. Just a FYI. If you are doing continental only please let your server know. You have to order off the menu for the continental. We did not do that and they was some confusion because we kept on getting a bill. We did have it corrected. We also did the Sunday Brunch which was nice and as a plat. member you can apply to value of the continental ($19) to the buffet price. The sunday buffet was nice with raw bar,sushi, and your reg. breakfast items. It was $60 pp. so not cheap. We did have dinner at Kauai grill one night. Food was good but we though the service was lacking, had to ask for bread, came with no butter, once our waiter took our order he dissappeared. It was worth it in 2010 but we would not go back because you are spending alot of money and the service should be there. My wife did email a complaint to Jean george.

The pool area was very nice with towel service and wait staff. We took a nice walk a long the beach and Hanalei town was a short drive away. We love going eating at the different places, Dolphin, Bubbas, Hanalei Gourmet, we tried Postarcds but it was a hrs wait so well have to try it next time.
Take a nice drive to Ke'Beach stop by Red Hot Mama's for some mexican to eat in your car and we stopped by the farmers market and actually found a nice painting which we bought.

We did get the upgrade to a Jr Suite located in Building A on the 9th floor. Whata nice room with a great view of the sunset. The bathroom had a great view of the Bay and sunset also. Thanks to Kaleo Guerrero who was one of the St Regis Butlers for his recommendation. Kaleo was very friendly and really had that genuine caring spirit. We loved the Jr Suite with the 2 flat screens (one 60inch), the view and the coffee/tea maker in room. The room showed a small amount of wear and had those pop corn ceilings. Not a big deal but surprised to they didnt renvoated the ceiling when they redid the property a few years ago.

Valets were nice and provided waters and towels if asked. Overall another excellent stay at the ST Regis. It was great to use my points and we saved a bunch on room costs. We did not have a chance to use the spa this time but last time we did it was awesome. We loved the views from the room and next time we go we'll order room service and watch the sunset from our room rather then pay big $$ for mediorce service at Jean George.

Any questions please let me know and look at my reviews of the SHeraton Kauai and Westin and Sheraton Maui also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1,519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I really can't say enough great things about the St Regis Princeville. We splurged and booked a room with a lanai and we will definitely do the same when we return. All of the lanai rooms are on the first floor and we had the most amazing view of the pool, ocean and mountains. The lanais have a table and two chairs, which we expected, but also had two loungers. It was perfect for when we wanted to relax, but didn't want to hang by the pool. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. We ate the buffet breakfast each morning...costly, but we ate so much that we never bought lunch so we were getting two meals in one. Ate dinner offsite each night because the two restaurants at the resort are extremely expensive and fairly limited, especially for our 10-year-old and teenager. I highly recommend the Hanalei Dolphin Restaurant about 10 minutes away. Ate there twice and would have gone more if we had discovered it earlier. Perfect sushi and an extensive, reasonably priced menu.
If you decide to splurge and have a massage, I highly recommend Toni. I had a 90-minute massage with her (my birthday present) and it was one of the best I've ever had.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My Husband and I had an amazing experience with Pacific Dream Photography at the St.Regis! Our photographer was a true pro and took the most amazing pictures/videos of my Husband and myself. They were even better than our wedding photos! This was the perfect ending to our vacation and we can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent 4 blissful nights at the St Regis Princeville. What a gorgeous hotel and amazing, unmatched service. Every step of our stay, from the greeters, check-in, car service, concierge, housekeeping, was warm, helpful, and friendly. We could just feel the stress of travel melt away upon entering the St. Regis. Our room was spacious with an amazing view of the ocean. Sitting by the windows and hearing the waves, and viewing the mountainous shoreline with morning coffee was a perfect start to every day. The location is a plus as well, as it is close to many shops, restaurants, sights and beaches. We have always had great experiences with the St. Regis, and will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This trip was amazing from beginning to end. Our room was perfect. The weather and view were so beautiful that we little to never closed the window. The service was spot on. Everyone we encountered went above and beyond to take care of us. I must add that I loved the bed. It was so comfortable.

We decided to have pictures taken by Pacific Dream Photography (located on sight). They were also amazing. Rachel is a true artist and gave us over 200 photos to chose from. They also put together a video that was beautiful. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The quality was great and the prices were very affordable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location can't be beat. What a gorgeous view to wake up to and watch the sun go down! If it weren't for the location and views, I would rate this property a three. There was nothing wrong with the property or service, it was all just a little too much. The drinks were average and extremely overpriced- I think it was $17 for a mixed drink on the beach. I wouldn't mind if the drink was great but it was just average. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a junior suite. It was beautiful with a view to go with it but nothing I would consider paying for. The butler service was pleasant and efficient and I loved that there was a housekeeping button that we could alert housekeeping when we left so we returned to a clean room. The turndown service was also great with chocolates and water every night. I didn't care for the valet only option. I found it kind of a pain to wait for the car every morning, although the valet attendants would provide you with bottled water to take with you for the day. I would rather just self park and walk the short distance but that just may be personal preference. We dined at both restaurants which were fantastic. We had breakfast at the Makana Terrace with great service, good food and a very nice seat outside. The Kauai Grill was one of the best dining experiences I've had with delicious food and attentive but unobtrusive service. The best feature of this hotel is the swimming pool- I loved the fountains and that there were even some chairs in the water. It's such a serene setting and we spent the full day at the pool for one day of our stay. There was also water available and pineapple which we enjoyed. Overall a nice experience but I'm not sure if we would return; I like a relaxed atmosphere and found this was a little too posh for my taste!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the most beautiful hotel on the island of Kauai!! The hotel rooms are amazing, ammenities and spa are top notch. Sunset on the deck of the bar is an experience, breathtaking views off of that area which is right above the resaurants patio, which I recommend you dine at for breakfast/brunch. You get to sip your coffee or fresh squeezed mango/papaya juices while looking at either the mountain with various waterfalls, or the ocean by just turning your head slightly. Paradise. Now, It is somewhat costly, but the experience and friendly staff make it so worth it. There is a village shopping center with a grocery store and coffee shop, etc., thats within walking distance. We've been twice, thats the only place I will go from now on when we go to Kauai!!

Room Tip: Most ocean facing rooms face the mountain with waterfalls just to the left so I recommend requesting...