We recently spent a week at the St. Regis with our 3 year old son. We had a great time and enjoyed the hotel a lot. The best part for us was the fact that the hotel has a beach that is only a few steps away from their swimming pool. This way, we could get into our beach chairs (with umbrellas to shade from the sun) each morning for a day of ocean swimming, snorkeling, reading, pool swimming, kiddie pool playing and Jacuzzi. Here are some other things we liked:
1) Good and friendly service, especially from the valet, housekeeping, and the beach and pool staff
2) Beautiful lobby with a large and sophisticated bar with nightly entertainment
3) The hotel smells good
4) Amazing location with beautiful views from the rooms, the pool/beach, and the dinning/breakfast terrace
5) Many activities for kids are included (lei making, sand castle building, s’mores at night, tide pool exploration, etc.)
6) Great beach with good swimming and snorkeling
7) Rooms have an empty wine refrigerator and an optional small refrigerator for your own drinks/food
8) Water bottles are complementary at night in the room and from the valet for the road when you get your car
9) Close proximity to Hanalei and Kilauea
1) The hotel shows its age. We saw many stains in the room, on the beach furniture and the building, as well as scuff marks and dings on the doors, furniture and other fixtures. This would have bothered me a great deal more if it would have been due to cleanliness issues. We think that was not the case though and instead it’s simply due to the fact that the hotel is not new. Eventually, they will have to renovate.
2) We upgraded our continental breakfast for $20 per person to the buffet. The buffet was ok, but the eggs Benedict were always cold and the egg white omelet tasted bitter. Overall, the buffet was nothing special, even though the view and service were great.
3) Food is quite pricey. The pool restaurant charges $20 for a burger, $10 for a beer, $20+ for a salad and $15 for a mixed drink. We liked the food, but it was definitely on the high side
We enjoyed our vacation at the St. Regis and look forward to a return visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2006 AAA Four Diamond Hotel Award winner, Hawaii's St. Regis Princeville Resort offers 23 idyllic acres for rest and play. Luxurious dining, spa, swimming, and golf on the northern shore of Kauai ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai