First of all, the staff at this Westin is fantastic. Jana, in particular, is awesome. Having said that, if I were to stay again in Kauai, I would more than likely stay somewhere near Kapaa, only because of where it's situated on the island. If you are going to Princeville to totally get away from everything and not plan on traveling around the island, then this is a great place. If you are planning on going to see Waimea Canyon, hang out down in Poipu, or just see Kapaa and Lihue, then Princeville is a ways out and you will be driving a lot. It is a small island, but traffic here has actually gotten much worse, believe it or not, and there's only one road around the island. It took us 45 minutes to get to the airport at 5:30 in the morning! The grounds at these villas are beautiful with nice sunsets and views of the ocean. This place is located high up on a cliff, so there is no beach on this property. They do have a gravel trail leading down to a nice beach, but it's very steep and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone over the age of 50. The rooms are nice and they will try and upgrade you using your promo to get you into their 1-bedroom villa. If you are staying there more than a couple days, it is worth it. One tip, stop at Costco in Lihue before heading up there and stock up on milk, water, snacks, coffee grounds, because their prices are high, like everything on Kauai. This is a vacation ownership place, so they are really working to get you into their program. We were in there for over two hours, after which they brought in a "closer," which was pretty annoying, so be warned. But it's a good program ONLY if you want to spend 60k to get in, then another 3k a year HOA. We didn't take the bait, but you can do the math....Anyway, very nice place, but I have to say I wouldn't stay there again just due to its location and after seeing many home rentals located within steps to the beach or other condo rentals with better beaches and easier access.
It is, however, very kid friendly and there is a nice fitness center on site. Oh, one thing you should know is that Kauai is the land of the mighty rooster chicken. There are roosters, not hens, running around everywhere. While it may be cute at first, it does get a little bit annoying after a while when they are waking you up at 5:30 in the morning and while you are sleeping by one of the pools and they're doing their ER-ER-ER-ERRROOOO all day long all over the grounds. They are beautiful birds, but people are feeding them so they will come right up to your patio/lanai to be fed, thus the early morning wake-up calls. But it's part of Kauai, so you accept it. This is a nice place with great staff, but location is just okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai