The good - beautiful location, clean rooms, nice views, multiple options for hot tubs and pools (we'll get to that later), lot's of grills for cooking out and a modest workout room. Some staff was very friendly (the bartenders).
The so-so - it's more for older couples and families, the food is average to above average, but not great, the workout facility is aging fast, 2 hottubs didn't work during our stay and it's a place you really do need a car, unless you just hang around the pool and manage your time via shuttle. No ovens in unit. Some staff were aloof (concierge).
The bad - two nights in a row the staff didn't get someone out to light grills. It seems they don't work well if it rains (in Hawaii...hmmm) and another guest had a lighter and just lit them. Many had the same issue. No shuttle to airport (only the little one).
We stayed in a timeshare exchange. Pretty much all the places we saw on Kauai are beautiful, so that is sort of a given, although on the north end of the island there is less 'going on'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai