“Happy Hour in Princeville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CJ's Steak & Seafood

CJ's Steak & Seafood
5-4280 Kuhio Hwy, #F, Princeville, Kauai, HI 96722 (Formerly Chuck's Steakhouse)
(808) 826-6211
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Eureka, California
“Happy Hour in Princeville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

On a rainy day explore the coastline in the Princeville area we ducked into JJ's for a snack and a couple of happy hour cocktails. Our hostess/bartender/server was a hoot regaling us w/ local stories and mixing mean margaritas and cosmos. The appetizers were delicious, the setting quaint and it turned out to be a nice place to kick back for an hour and let the rain pass.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas
“Upscale Sizzler”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Visited CJ's on a Sunday and found it fairly busy. The restaurant is definite old school, but the wait staff are very nice and accomodating. The food is a little expensive, but its Hawaii. I had The King cut prime rib which was very tasty and over a pound. Its advertised as 14 ounces. It was $30. You get a salad bar with your dinner which is your standard, limited bar, but good. With The King you won't leave hungry. I did not try a dessert so I can't comment. All in all, not at bad place to eat.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Clarita, California
“OMG where do I begin”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Decided to give it a try after all the bad reviews. Even went in after we arrived to a dull, dirty, old, non smelling of anything cooking, dilapidated building. Service was a joke. Food was...is there a word worse than terrible? Salad bar with cottage cheese. Canned peaches. Lol. Salad bar in itself was a joke. No wedge salad. No roasted beets or goat cheese. NOTHING. Bag lettuce. Period. I was silly enough to order lobster and filet medium well. Steak arrived dripping blood. Lobster had a slathering of some kind of shaky cheese/ butter/slash something. Hard and rubbery. OMG just terrible. My husband ordered king crab that was boiled. After I wrung out the water the crab was ok actually. Sent lobster back and the waitress said "don't apologize to me, I didn't cook it" which led me to believe she has returned plates to the kitchen before. Restroom was thilthy. With a air wick placed in front of a fan. The bill arrived with a whopping $180.00 price tag. I was floored. No drinks. No appetizers. 3 entrees. Period. PLEASE DO YOURSELF AND YOUR WALLET A FAVOR. Pass this restaurant by as you head down to Dolphin. One writer wrote he couldn't get the taste of the food out of his mouth. I'd have to agree. Stay away. It's almost dangerous to risk eating there.

Visited December 2013
Dublin, New Hampshire
“Likeable but........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I really hate to say anything bad because the people were so nice here. But.... The rest rooms were not in good shape, nor was the furniture. I put a lot of importance on the state of the rest rooms believing that the kitchen is probably not much different. However, for lunch, I would say it is an alternative if you are at the shopping area and just don't want to hassle with where to go. Not an outstanding recommendation I know. I will say that I had a BLT that was pretty darn good, and the onion rings were truly very, very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A 70's to 80's Steak House”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had no problem getting seated w/o reservations in late November after our flight to Kauai and settling into our condo. The restaurant was fairly close to our condo, hence why we chose. The environment nice, waitstaff excellent and the food just mediocre. Not a variety of fish to choose from and the sides were as an older steakhouse. The salad bar was quite mediocre - definitely a 70' s throwback. My biggest disappointment was the salad bar. I was hoping for many more of today's available vegetable variety for the salad and also more updated salad dressings.
Depending on what you are looking this may be perfect or a bit Below expectation.

• Visited November 2013