“Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Poipu
Edmonton, Canada
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a large group of my extended family split into several condos over Christmas. Beautiful views. Spacious condos. Comfortable. Nice to have full sized kitchen. Pool area clean and well maintained. Close walk (15 mins) to stores and the beach.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

What a great place for relaxing. We were in unit 131 and loved it. The view from the lanai was amazing and we saw whales passing many times. The unit has everything you can possibly need, very well equipped. They are serviced daily and are extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The resort is very private and you hardly see anyone else around. The pool is small but all you need really and beautifully clean and well maintained as is the whole property. Very convenient location close to beaches and restaurants and shops if you want to self cater. Will definitely be back, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: The views are better in building one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Whalers Cove and enjoyed our stay very much. The unit we were in (#137) was right next to the shore and the view from the balconey was amazing. Close to great beaches and shopping. We highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2013
Chula Vista, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed at Whaler's Cove seven times since 2004 and have nothing but good things to say about the accomodations and staff (in fact, we don't even look to stay anywhere else when we visit Kauai). Located in the middle of a resdiential area off the beaten path, yet only five minutes away from the Kukuiula Shopping Center. Each unit is individually decorated by the owners, so no two are alike. Each has full kitchen with all necessary items, plus large outdoor patio/lanai area. Like most of Kauai, there's no air conditioning, but just open the front door (most have screen doors) and the patio doors for a refreshing breeze. Two outdoor grilling areas; beach/snorkeling/rec gear available for free checkout from the exceptionally friendly front office staff. Usually no more than a couple of other folks at the (shallow - 4') pool so it's all yours!

Room Tip: Our favorite units are the ones on the top floor of the larger building. These two-floor units each...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's our first visit to Kauai and Unit 125 at Whaler's cove make it a perfect hang out place. We have this fantastic Ocean Front view for Whale Watching in the morning and Sunset viewing at Dusk. The managing stuffs are very helpful and friendly, specially Eileen. The resort location is very convenient, but quiet. Great place for chill out and rewind in this tropical island. Our unit is very well decorated, well maintained. The Master Bathroom is very spacious with separate shower and Jet tub. The Master Bedroom is also very large, Only wish the Master Bedroom is facing the Ocean instead the Garden. We will certainly be back to visit Kauai and Whalers Cove.

Room Tip: Ocean Front units are worth the extra, higher floor will give better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatWhalersCove, General Manager at Whalers Cove Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Aloha and Mahalo for your kind words about our resort. I will be sure to let Aileen know your appreciation. We really hope you will come back and stay with us again! If you want to have a condo with a master bedroom facing the water we have them! A hui hou! till we meet again!
Auburn, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Words can hardly describe my great experience at Whales Cove. This was an overwhelming positive experience that really made my vacation above and beyond.

First of all, I had an itinerary change one week prior to arriving on the Island and needed to find a place to stay on very short notice. Property Manager, MariAnne Martin, got back with me immediately and really worked to accommodate me in my travel needs and desires. I was skeptical because the picture she sent regarding the room seemed professionally done and perfect; i figured there had to be a catch.

Needless to say, when I arrived at the property at 7pm, Condo #232, my keys and welcome package were waiting for me and when i walked in I was completely overwhelmed with how beautiful the condo was. Not only was it beautiful it was spotless! I have a keen eye for detail and noticed that all of the screws on the light plates are all turned in the same direction ... this is amazing attention to detail! As I walked through the condo, I felt immediately at home; so much so that I just dropped my bags and went and sat on the balcony for an hour to star gaze and watch the ocean.

The master bedroom was great; exceptionally comfortable bed with plenty of pillows (and extra in the closet). The Master bath makes up for 1/3 or the mast suite, it was huge! Jacuzzi bath on one side, stand up show with eight shower heads on the other, double sinks in the middle with plenty of storage. Outside the master suite was the washer and dryer (... this is a must have in Kauai as dirt, mud and sand seems to stick to you where ever you go). It amazed me how Venus, Aida and Jocelyn (house keeping team) kept the condo spotless, clean and sand free. These three were always smiling, pleasant, and professional. You can tell they take great pride in their work.

The views from the pictures are not only accurate, but an understatement of the beauty that Whaler Cove has to offer. It was amazing to sit on the balcony in the morning and literally watch the Whales splashing in the distance. The huge double doors open wide to allow the outside in; and considering the weather there is perfect, I left those doors open the entire time. Kitchen was fully stocked with everything you would need to cook for yourself.

I felt very secure with my personal items there; because Whalers Cove is tucked away, there is hardly any foot traffic or business; so I did not worry much about my valuables. This place was perfect for me. One concern I did have, was that my condo was directly above and across from the Hot Tub and Pool; i was concerned about noise. Needless to say, there was never a problem; the waves of the ocean drowned out any other noise!

The condo has direct access to a cove for snorkel or scuba dive. It is a 2min drive to one of the best beaches in the world. And absolutely beautiful!

I have never stayed at such a nice place on a vacation. I immediately felt at home, welcomed and comfortable. I had immediate access to everything I wanted to do; and when I just wanted to rest, the condo facilitated that perfectly. I cannot thank the Whaler Cove staff enough for making my vacation so wonderful! Thank you!

Room Tip: Just ask MarriAnne her recommendations based on your needs and she will take great care of you. Ev...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in Condominium 125 for 10 days over the 2012 Holiday season. Since it was our first trip to Hawaii/Kauai, we spent a considerable amount of time exploring the island. We would have been perfectly happy just relaxing each day in the Condo, it was exceptional! Very large, open, and airy with a great master suite with king bed, large jacuzzi tub and double shower. The bath area was so large that it included a great vanity area that was just perfect for the professional hair and make-up artist who assisted my wife in preparing for our 25th anniversary vow renewal ceremony. The second bedroom had two twins and a private bath. There was also a convenient half-bath and laundry room. The kitchen, dining, and living areas were wonderful - beautifully decorated and very large with great views out of the wall to wall/ceiling to ceiling windows with double sliders. Granite, ceramic, and hardwood are utilized throughout the entire unit. We have to admit, the lanai was so nice that we really didn’t spend a lot of time inside! The views cannot be beat. We had perfect horizon to horizon views of the sunrise and sunset, and the 24/7 ocean views were just fabulous. As for Whaler’s Cove in general, it was more than we could have hoped for. If you want crowded and noisy pools, loud and expensive bars and restaurants, long walks from your room to get anywhere, etc., stay at one of the resorts. If you want peace and quiet, first class condos, meticulously upkept and beautiful grounds, a great private and uncrowded pool and hot tub, unmatched views, snorkeling with turtles in the cove in front of your unit, and a full kitchen to use at your leisure, its Whaler’s Cove! Also, a special Mahalo to Marianne the onsite property manager. She is extremely kind and attentive and just embodies the “Spirit of Aloha”. The rest of the staff was the same. Stay here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Whalers Cove Resort? Share your experiences!