We stayed in Bldg. 26 unit 170, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. It was nice and had a partial ocean view. We walked 2 minutes to the beach. The unit was nicely decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable.
One problem I had was finding the cutting board, of all things. It was under the sink where I never looked for it! The other thing was the refrigerator is old and runs constantly.
Most of the "windows" in these units have no glass, just shutters with screens. We didn't know this. We could hear a man nearby snoring at night and also coughing and sneezing loudly. Other than that, it was quiet.
I would go back but would probably spring for a full ocean view.
Going in the winter is different because the weather is so variable. We didn't spend a lot of time at the beach. This is definitely a nice place to stay if you're in a unit close to the beach like we were. Overall, we had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation and The Beach Bungalows is on a sandy beach amid 35 acres of lush, landscaped grounds, including Moir gardens. One- and two-bedroom suites offer garden or ocean views and full kitchens. Amenities include barbecues, a restaurant, resort-style pool, jet spa, tennis courts, and a beach activity center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Kiahuna Plantation & The Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation & Beach Bungalows Hotel Poipu
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation And Beach Bungalows
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation Beach Hotel
- Kauai Bungalows
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation Beach Resort
- Beach Bungalows Hawaii
- Kiahuna Plantation
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation & The Beach Bungalows Kauai/Poipu