We stayed through Castle for 10 days. It was awesome! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone! My whole family stayed in 3 separate condos. They weren't right next to each other but it didn't matter because we could easily walk across the lawn. The beach was perfect & easily accessible! The other hotels/condos in the area didn't have as good of beach/sand access as we did! My grandparents had a condo closest to the beach so we hung out at the backyard (aka right at the beach) the whole time. The other 2 condos were also very close, with a beach view the entire time. The kids could easily run around the grounds/ across the lawn to all 3 condos with no problem. We luckily scored 1 remodeled condo and it was very nice. The other 2 were definitely dated so that was a drawback, but it didn't bother us too much. However, I would rather have a remodeled condo and be farther back from the beach than have an older one. This is because it was much easier/affordable to buy groceries and have meals at the condo than go out to eat, so a nicer kitchen was better.
-Easy accessible beach
-Nice remodeled condos
-Great housekeeping service
-Will give extra towels
-Owners had beach toys, beach mats, boogie boards, books in condos
-Nice restaurant on site- Plantation Gardens
-Poipu shopping village is right across the street
-Can open/close shutters on windows/doors of condo
-Outside barbecue areas for use
-Grounds are very well kept! (very pretty!)
-Main desk/security on 24 hours
-Safe is supplied in room
-Activities desk has tons of stuff (chairs, towels, snorkeling, etc) & they were extremely helpful!!! (Mike helped us search for & book many activities on the island)
-Wifi worked well in every room
-Location, location, location! Poipu & the beach were beautiful!
-They warned us several times to lock our doors- made us nervous, but we never had any problems
-Parking was open, but it would be better if spots were assigned, sometimes the lots were full with visitors
-The back sliding doors face the ocean and can't be locked from the outside so it was annoying to have to go through the front everytime you wanted to lock your condo
-No A/C but we didn't need it since it was January (used fans)
-No pool on property, only 1 across the street (& it wasn't nice)- however a certain hotel next door doesn't have any gates to their pool & it was very nice!
I want to advise that this property has very little amenities! This was perfect for us because being close to the beach was more important. There is 1 front desk, 1 restaurant, an activities desk, and barbecues, that is it. So if you are looking for any extras, this is not your place. However, this is why we loved it so much. It reflected the perfect laid back Kauai lifestyle!
Try to get condo #16: nicely remodeled, big, backyard on lawn, ground level, & ocean view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation and The Beach Bungalows is on a sandy beach amid 35 acres of lush, landscaped grounds, including Moir gardens. One- and two-bedroom suites offer garden or ocean views and full kitchens. Amenities include barbecues, a restaurant, resort-style pool, jet spa, tennis courts, and a beach activity center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Kiahuna Plantation & The Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation And Beach Bungalows
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation & Beach Bungalows Hotel Poipu
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation Beach Hotel
- Kauai Bungalows
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation Beach Resort
- Beach Bungalows Hawaii
- Kiahuna Plantation
- Castle Kiahuna Plantation & The Beach Bungalows Kauai/Poipu