We spent 6 nights at The Grand Hyatt on our honeymoon and it was pure heaven. Staff was very accommodating, knowledgeable, and nice. For our honeymoon they gifted us a bottle of champagne, a free cabana, and a dessert at one of their restaurants. The hotel property is huge and walking to the rooms can be a bit of a hike, but overall the hotel is just absolutely gorgeous. The views of the ocean are spectacular, the pools are amazing, and the flowers around the property are really just gorgeous. The person who designed this hotel really thought about this because there are just so many spectacular view points. When you walk into the hotel it is just a breathtaking view of the ocean with palm tree's....it almost looks like a fake picture in photos. The rooms were big and spacious (we were in a king ocean view with club access). The beds were very comfortable and had a great shower and bath. Every room has a balcony. We had club access which was great for buffet breakfast and early evening appetizers.
We had a cabana by the adult pool one day, where we did nothing but swim, eat, drink, and hang and it was pure heaven. A perfect way to spend a day on our honeymoon. The food and drinks were great but on the expensive side, which we expected for Hawaii, although not far from NY prices. We ate at the lunch restaurant inside the hotel one day too, which had terrific food (we had the turkey burger and Caesar salad...we were impressed). The lava rock pools and the salt water lagoon were great. The beach is not really a swimming beach because of the rocks and the rough water. We ate at Yum Cha and Tidepools restaurants, both which were great. We did a half spa day doing the "lover's escape" and it was truly wonderful. One of the best spa's I have been to. I highly recommend this place for couples and families. Overall, a truly wonderful experience. We hope to be back next year for our one year anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort Spa
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa Poipu