We had the pleasure of staying 5 nights in room 1038 which is a 1 bedroom ground floor garden suite with full ocean view. It was the nicest hotel I've had the pleasure of staying in. Included an in room fridge and Keurig coffee maker which was a huge bonus since I love coffee time in the morning before breakfast. We had a 10 month old baby with us and they provided a good crib and pedestal fan for white noise. Bed was very comfortable and I am super sensitive to strange beds. Great bathroom and bidet. We ate lunch poolside every day out of convenience and while very pricey the food and drinks were delicious. The grounds are beautiful, pools had plenty of lounge chairs while we were there, renting a cabana was totally unnecessary. Beach is gorgeous, but rough conditions so not good swimming. I loved hearing it and watching it. The resort is expansive but I did not find it to be too much. We stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa 5 years ago and that was way too big.
My only complaint is that I called several times to make sure we were given a room in a quiet area since baby is in bed early and naps twice a day. While we loved our room and it was a convenient location it was located adjacent to the large lawn area that they use for the luau, weddings, and any other parties that take place and was very loud at those times. The baby did great anyway but it stressed me out and kept me up a few nights since we had a six hour time change and were ready for bed by 8 or 9 most of the time.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort
- Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Hyatt Kauai
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort Spa
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa Poipu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.