Front check in to check out the experience was excellent. Not a small resort, it still felt intimate and each and every staff member we came in contact with was friendly, helpful and proactively wanted to make sure our stay was memorable.
- Beautiful environment, clean, modern and in keeping with the tropical surrounds.
- Staff were great all around
- Pools, all thousand of them - well maybe 4 or 5 but felt like more, all are picturesque and there are plenty of lounging options in including reserved 'cabanas', where you might pay a little more, but it avoids the annoyance of pool lounge squatting typical in many other resorts, something other resorts might like to take note of.
- Food in all the outlets we tried was great, didn't get to try Dondero's, good food selection and catering to all tastes - breakfast excluded - read below.
- Camp Hyatt (kids club), our son didn't want to leave - ever!
Not many specific to the hotel, however for non US based travellers:
- Breakfast buffet was pretty average, nothing bad about it, just not the selection or quality some might expect if comparing against resorts in Europe or Asia Pacific.
- Coming from outside the US, the resort is a little difficult to get to - if we had semi-direct flights we would be going back regularly.
- pricing of F&B felt a little high particularly when combined with the 'mandatory' tip of 18-20%. This weird cultural anomaly is frustrating at best and at worst comically rude, particularly when the bill comes with a suggested tip calculation. Tips in most of the rest of the world are for better than average service - not to make up for pitifully low wages paid by employers. In the case of the Hyatt the staff generally deserved a tip, but it is the expectation that it is a mandatory part of the bill which seems in-congruent - I hope the staff do actually get the tips.
All in all one of the better resorts we have stayed in regardless of location - a great resort, great staff and definitely recommended. Given an opportunity we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort Spa
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa Poipu