This is our second stay at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai. This time we brought our teenage daughters. We absolutely love the setting of this hotel. The grounds are spectacular. The lobby itself is breathtaking with its open air view directly through to the ocean. The pool area is just fantastic - its big, offers a lot of variety (sit by the pool, the lagoon or even walk/sit on the beach next to the ocean) and is gorgeous.
On our first stay, we had a package that included the buffet breakfast. This time we didn't. We went there one day and found that not only was there far less variety (especially the fruit) than we remembered, but this time we had to look at the bill. $31 each for breakfast. The buffet is nice, but there's no breakfast in the world worth $31 and this didn't come close. The food on the island is expensive, the food at the Hyatt is really expensive. $10 non-alcoholic smoothies in a small cup. I don't have a problem paying for something that you'll remember for years (staying at the Hyatt, a helicopter ride, etc.), but food is not in that category to me and I continued to feel that I was paying too much for food at the Hyatt and in Kauai in general.
We love the Grand Hyatt and consider it one of our favorite hotels that we've ever been at. We just love sitting around the pool and relaxing - which is what you're supposed to do on vacation. It's a reasonable drive to other activities as well. I just wish I didn't feel like I was over-paying so much for food here. Other than that, would highly recommend it as it is a great place to relax and enjoy Kauai at it's best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort Spa
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa Poipu