“Great tropical setting, food average” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Keoki's Paradise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poipu Road
Transit: Kauai Bus stop about a 5-10 minute walk on Poipu Rd.
Saratoga, CA
“Great tropical setting, food average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

Great fun, tropical setting - lush, tiki torches, waterfalls and all! We ate here on our first night and it was perfect!!! Great way to get into a vacation. We made reservations several weeks ahead of time (you are tired and hungry when you arrive from the mainland, due to the time change, so not having to wait in line a long time to eat was fantastic!!) My grilled fish dinner was average, but my husband loved his seafood pasta and the teens liked their dinner. Food is satisfactory, average, but prices are pretty good. It was not the best food we had in the area, but it was the least expensive, and we would definately return!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good choice and moderate prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

I had an excellent meal here. My dinner friends thought their meal was only average. Prices were reasonable and I would definitely eat here again when I return to Kauai. Ambiance was okay, but nothing special where we were seated. Good service.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“FANTASTIC and the best that we Experienced in Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2006

This restaurant was the best for food quality, quantity,price and taste of the places that seven adults enjoyed eating at. We ate a variety of the fish dishes as well as excellant Prime rib and Black Angus beef. Coconut chicken is to die for as the ladies put it.The Big Kahuna Prime Rib feeds two as you will see and is excellant. The staff were fast,courtious and professional. We all added this place to one of our favourites. You will experience no snobery here, just a good time,excellant food and a romantic atmosphere.I would be there right now if it was not 3500 miles away, however I am tempted. There is a 17% tip fee added to your bill automaticly but we were so impressed with the waiters and meal quality that we gave extra so what does that say about this place.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Just Another Chain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

Keoki's is part of the T S Restaurant Group. Took my family there on our last night in Poipu (a Friday night). What a disappointment. We chose the right-hand side of the restaurant which has a a more casual menu. Atmosphere is just like Hoolihans, Friday's, etc., except with an island motif. When we arrived, the staff couldn't quote a wait, saying that it could be right away or an hour, and also added that since it was "music night," patrons tended to stay longer. At least they gave us a pager that worked through the shopping center. Got a table 15 minutes later, thankfully on the opposite side of the band -- they were loud. We must have waited at least 30 minutes after ordering just to get our appetizer, and then our salad was served within minutes. While still working on the salad, entrees came out. Mediocre at best. My children wouldn't eat the fries because they smelled/tasted like fish. When we finished, my family waited outside, while I waited at the table for another 15 miutes for the check. As another reviewer noted, you can (and should) do much better for dining in Kauai.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice atmoshpere, just ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2005

While Keoki's had a vibrant atmosphere (open-air dining, an "indoor" water feature, lots of island decor, a cool-looking hut bar) that beckoned to passers-by, we didn't think much of the food. My husband had the steak, which was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I had their fish special (Ono) that was encrusted in Macademia nuts, and it was pretty bland. Maybe our mistake was that we had dined at The Beach House (wonderful setting) and Roy's (excellent food) the nights previous to Keoki's, but we found ourselves pretty disappointed with this restaurant. Service was just ok as well, though we did get a nice booth since we made reservations.