We ate here 5 years ago, and still remember the mango daiquiris and peppercorn steak. When we returned on this trip, we could only hope the restaurant was still there, and it was still just as good. It was and it was.
8 of us descended upon this sleepy little converted house on one of our final vacation nights. We're an overwhelming group (4 adults & 4 teens) and they didn't blink an eye or miss a beat. We were seated on the open air front porch - which delighted the kids for gecko spotting. We adults loved the ambiance of light rain, and the private patio.
We were greeted by so many people, all were lovely and made us feel special. The owner stopped by, the chef, the waiter & some others as well. We were well taken care of.
The menu is extensive, the specials are extensive, and the wine menu is superb. Overall, I'd say this is a cross between Italian & Chop with some mexi flare. There is really something for everyone. Everything is made fresh and it shows.
- special spicy sausage tamales (2 orders - loved)
- garlic bread - kids devoured
- spicy thai lobster bisque - I liked this better when it was cooled down
- ceasar salad - good, not limp
- Filet di Manzo: this was the peppercorn steak my son remembered. The filet was great, but he didn't care for the gorgonzola sauce or the gnocchi (he's pretty picky)
- Scampi di Amici: FANTASTIC! Fresh al dente pasta, with jumbo prawns. I'd prefer it next time without the bell peppers, but still licked the plate.
- Black Tiger Prawns: Total winner
- Lasagna special: Hot & bubble - hubby loved it. Home made layered goodness. Prefer a bit less egg plant.
- Fish Special: wonderful, flaky fish (I forget the prep) but it was another winner.
- Fettuccine Alfredo: kids were in heaven. Also ordered the house made sausages
Dessert (generous portions):
- Bananas Foster: devoured
- Bread pudding: served sliced with an amazing caramel sauce
This place is out of the way, and in a neighborhood. It's a welcome respite to the standard Kauai menu we'd become a bit sick of. The overall experience is exceptional, and hasn't declined in the 5 years it took us to get back here.
If you own or manage Casa di Amici, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.