“Good Flavor but too much bread” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Puka Dog

Puka Dog
2360 Kiahuna Plantation Dr, Poipu Shopping Village, Poipu, Kauai, HI 96756 (Koloa)
808-742-6044
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Koloa
Boise
“Good Flavor but too much bread”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Kids would love this as it is big and messy. Good flavor with the Hawaiian mustard and the bun grilled on the inside; however the bun is too thick; very filling

sydney
“Overall very good doggy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you are after a quick, cheap and rather tasty dog you gotta go for the Puka!!!! My advise keep it simple with the tasty meaty Polish Dog, Original Mild Garlic lemon sauce and one of the mustards...that's it!!! Don't spoil it with all the tutty fruity relishes please. And finally stay well away from their lemonade...it may be traditional but its has like half a kilo of sugar per serve...no kidding!!! if you must have it ask for it with less sugar...trust me on this one.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unforgettable hot dog!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a huge hot dog fan and definitely don't associate hot dogs with Hawaii, but now I do! Amazing- hands down the BEST hot dog I've ever had! What makes it so good is the soft bun and killer lemon-garlic sauce. I didn't want to mask the sauce too much so I just added relish. My husband added the mango relish and I wish I had. So good! This dog was so good I immediately googled for the lemon-garlic sauce! Don't waste your money on the lemonade- just tasted like water. Don't miss this place! Even if you stay on the north shore, make a point to stop here on the way to/from the airport!

WA
“Something different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I liked the concept of hot dogs baked into the bread with the relish and some interesting fruit relishes like pineapple, coconut etc Do mind they open at 10(Hawaiian style :))

But I think the novelty was the main thing as I wont be back.

Seattle, Washington
“Unique flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I honestly had no interest in getting a hotdog in Kauai. However, I was wrong. While the sausage didn't seem like anything special to me, the fresh bun was good. But what made it worth the visit was the great selection of unique flavors that you add to your dog. I had the mango relish and the lilikoi mustard - totally made all of the difference in the world. If I could buy those at home, I would.

• Visited May 2013