“Unique flavors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puka Dog

Puka Dog
2360 Kiahuna Plantation Dr, Poipu Shopping Village, Poipu, Kauai, HI 96756 (Koloa)
808-742-6044
Neighborhood: Koloa
Seattle, Washington
“Unique flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I honestly had no interest in getting a hotdog in Kauai. However, I was wrong. While the sausage didn't seem like anything special to me, the fresh bun was good. But what made it worth the visit was the great selection of unique flavors that you add to your dog. I had the mango relish and the lilikoi mustard - totally made all of the difference in the world. If I could buy those at home, I would.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Try this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Puka Dog is a fun, walk up place in Poipu where there aren't a lot of inexpensive walk up or to-go places. You can get a vege dog or polish sausage and they stuff the bun with Hawaiian mustard and your choice of pineapple or other fun fruits. The concept is a little odd, but it was really good! For about $10, you get the dog and a lemonade - a good deal!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Wish this was on the mainland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We loved our Puka Dogs! Very tasty, nice variety of flavors to try. The wait was a little long for a hot dog, but they are made to order.
We wanted to come back, but ran out of time on our trip. Next time, we'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona
“Craving it still from another state!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I should start this review by saying that I do NOT like hot dogs. I went here because this sounded unique and since I was in Hawaii, I wanted to try something different. I LOVED my Puka Dog! So much in fact that I made it a point to go back to the south end of the island for another one before I left. I had the jalapeno the first time with the mango sauce and lillikoi mustard. What a great combination! The second time I did up the ante a little to the habanero as I didn't find the jalapeno to be all that spicy (but nevertheless wonderful). Their fresh squeezed lemonaide tasted as if I had just picked the lemons from my own backyard and made it myself. It was fresh and delicous. My entire family was pleased with their dogs, which is another reason that we went back before we left the island. I will most certainly go back when in Hawaii again. I only wish that there was a Puka Dog near my home!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Park City, Utah
“Unique”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

After reading the reviews I had to give this place a try. First of all it was a good hotdog, my main complaint is that I think they are a bit overpriced. Feeding my family of four with lemonades sank me around $38. I think that it's worth a try, but if you are hungry and looking for the best value you may want to try elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013