“Great dinner at Tidepools!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidepools is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
NJ
“Great dinner at Tidepools!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband, teen daughter and I had a wonderful dinner at Tidepools. To begin with, ambience is lovely. The service was outstanding. The food was delicious.

For our appetizers, I had a beautifully presented and tasty kula greens salad. My husband very much enjoyed his baby romaine salad, and my daughter loved her crab cakes.

For the main course, my husband and both had the roast chicken with citrus glaze - delicious! Our daughter had the macadamia encrusted mahi mahi, which she enjoyed very much.

I would definitely recommend Tidepools, even if staying off-property.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“Rocks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great stop for dinner. Unique seating and great menu. Service was superior.

The fish dishes we had were good as was the steak. Appetizers we amazing. The Calimari was awesome as were the scallops.

I was surprised by it. I'm not a big hotel restaurant fan but this feels special. No brainier if your in the area.

California
“Order the Mahi Mahi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place exceded my expectations. We all loved our crab cakes, the scallop appetizer, mahi mahi and husband's steak was perfection. Great service, romantic and fun to watch the koi jump our of the water.

Los Angeles
“Exceptional food, service & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

What can I say? The food, service and atmosphere are all excellent. Yes, there is a price to that, but worth it. You can make up for it with a cheap plate lunch at a local dive the next day.

Beaverton, Oregon
“Upscale Food/Location but Children Diners can ruin the mood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Our four entrees were all very good...not a bite left. We then split a couple of their Molten Lava Cakes...these were worth the wait (if you know you want this preorder with your dinner).

Our server was fantastic...very professional and she had actually learned our name from the reservation so she called us by name all evening. She was attentive to the point that she took one our desserts off the bill...I think she felt guilty for not giving us as much attention at the end of our meal due to a huge party that started demanding her time. Very proactive for a server.

Finally, the atmosphere...outside sitting in a koi pond watching the fish, tropical breezes, and tiki torches is a very "hawaiian" way to spend an evening.

The only downside to our visit happened to be some of the other patrons. Despite being "upscale" we were surrounded by several tables that had younger, loud children whose parents let them misbehave with no thought of other diners...bit of a mood killer.