“All around lovely experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidepools is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Tampa, Florida
“All around lovely experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

You just can't beat the ambience at Tidepools.....the waterfalls, the fish pools all around....the gorgeous landscaping....it is hard not to be impressed. And the food doesn't disappoint! We enjoyed everything we ordered, but the Ahi Poke and the Mahi Mahi were reasons to return for a second visit. The service was what we normally expect from Hyatt....friendly and professional! Tidepools continues to provide a top notch dining experience on the island of Kauai.

San Diego, California
“Magnificent food with a View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went there for dinner for my wife's 60th anniversary! We had a great table next to the lagoon...koi fish swimming by...waterfall behind us. Very romantic! I had brought my own bottle of Cakebread Chardonney, and the waiter waived the $35 corkage fee since it was a birthday celebration! (Cakebread was $99 on the restaurant wine list...) Food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. A great evening!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Romantic Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great seat. Sat by the Koi pond. Food was very good. I would recommend this if you are at the resort.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Great ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food was great, and of course the free dessert for our honeymoon was a nice touch. We didn't get one of the tables right on the water, and there wasn't much of a view for sunset, but overall the ambiance was lovely. During the trip we also ate at the Beach House 5 minutes down the road, which had food that was at least as good if not better, and the view of the sunset there was almost unbeatable.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape May, New Jersey
“Very good meal, romantic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose this restaurant for one of our "fancy" dinners while on Kauai. The atmosphere was great. I had requested a table next to the water when I made the reservation, which we received. Watching the koi swim right next to the table was definetly neat. I would definitely recommend making this request in advance, as we saw several couples who seemed a bit bummed when they were seated in the middle of the restaurant.
We started with the coconut crustacean chowder and the kula baby greens salad. The chowder was very good and the salad was good also. However, I was somewhat disappointed with the salad, as the menu description stated that big island hearts of palm were a salad ingredient. I love hearts of palm, which was the only reason I ordered this salad. Instead there were some shredded vegetables on top. I thought about mentioning it to the waiter but did not, as the dressing was quite tasty so I did still enjoy it. For entrees, we ordered the ahi tuna and hawaiian catch. My husband loves rare tuna and was very happy with the preparation. I liked the hawaiian catch but didn't love it. For dessert, we decided to order the molten chocolate cake, which takes a while to prepare. (The waiter asked us if we were interested in the dessert when we placed our dinner order.) We were very pleased with the dessert. It was a generous size and delicious. We're suckers for a raspberry sauce with a chocolate dessert. Don't know why but we both love it.
I had mentioned that my husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary when I made the reservation as well as during conversation with the server. I had hoped we might get a free dessert, as it seems others here have, but no luck. My guess was that it was because we were not staying at the resort. The dessert was definitely worth paying for, but it was worth a shot!
Overall I would recommend this restaurant based on the food and the atmosphere. It is definitely pricey, but standard for most of the more upscale restaurants in my opinion.

• 4 of 5 stars Food