“Yummy! But stick to the app's and drinks cause its pricey!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Poipu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegetarian, Hawaiian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 15 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the BEACH HOUSE offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Seattle
“Yummy! But stick to the app's and drinks cause its pricey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

Very good food and unbeatable atmosphere. Definately worth the $ if you are looking for somewhere nice. Get reservations early for sunset, its amazing.

“Great food/atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

The atmosphere at this restaurant cannot be beat! We ate at Roys also and it didn't compare. Everything that we sampled at The Beach House was awesome. The ahi platter was very good and so were the crabcakes. I had the chowder which was out of this world. Our entrees were great, but the scallops were a little underdone for my taste. The service was excellent. We will definitely eat here again.

Granger, Indiana
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

Highly suggested! I had macadamia nut crusted crab cakes and filet Mignon, my wife had scollops with caviar. Great view, great service, great food!- get a 5:30 seating!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Overpriced and underflovored”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

My wife and I ate dinner at the Beach House on New Years Eve. While the restaurant was busy, it wasn't packed. The service was terrible--it took nearly two hours to get our main course--on a night when there were only a few things on the menu. And when the food finally arrived, it was bland. Maybe this is a decent restaurant for Kauai, but by most other standards, it's very very mediocre.

San Diego, California
“Great view. Food is marginal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2005

Great view. Food is marginal. My wife and I dined at the Beach House in December 2005. I am giving it a 3 point rating for the sunset view alone. The beach house is a great location right next to the beach and the sunset is spectacular, however the food certainly needs some work. If I was to base this review on the food alone I would give it as few points as possible. While the seafood in our dinners was well prepared and not over done I found the food to be very bland and lacking flavor. I ordered the scallops encrusted in Kafir lime leaves and there was not even the slightest hint of citrus. Same goes for the Macadamia Nut encrusted crab cake appetizer we ordered. Looked and tasted more like panko bread crumbs than macadamia nuts. If you want a nice sunset I recommend you go to the Beach House for a cocktail and then move on to another restaurant for dinner (such as Roy’s which is near by and terrific) but skip the food it’s a waste of money.