“Dinner @ Sunset” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 29 restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegetarian, Hawaiian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 15 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the BEACH HOUSE offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Lebanon
“Dinner @ Sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We heard from so many people that we need to eat at the Beach House Restaurant. We made reservations just days before we went. When we get their we valet parked, and checked in. We were seat right away, right near the opening. It was amazing, those are the only words I can say.
We ordered drinks and are meals and then went outside and enjoyed the beautiful views. We took many pictures, the sunset was amazing. Someone was walking around with beautiful hand made flowers leis. The food and drinks were worth every cent. My husband and I both had the Opah fish. I highly recommend it. It was the best meal I ever had. If your going to try and restaurant in Kauai this is the one to try.

• Visited August 2012

76% Recommend
Montclair, New Jersey
“Expectation built up before we went”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A good restaurant with a better view. Without the view, I suspect this restaurant would not gather the accolades it has. Food-average, service-average, price-not worth it when there are finer places to eat. I don't like to do any reviews with a negative spin, but while it is not the best, if you want to try it for the hype, I would go for it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach
“Fantastic- Far exceeds expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived at The Beach House at about 5:15PM; I believe it was on a Wednesday, on about June 26th, 2013. Everything from the valet, to the servers, the bartender, and entire staff were all awesome. Not to mention the view! The view alone would make everything worthwhile. We picked a nice table in the Bar, as we arrived well before sunset, so we had our choice. (Tables are available in the restaurant, but you need to make reservations well in advance.) The waiters were absolutely the best. We were actually encouraged to take our time and wait for the sunset. So yes, we took our sweet time so that we could enjoy the fabulous view, the sunset, and the unbelievable food. The seafood was about the best that I have ever had. This was one of the most romantic dinners that my wife (of 42 years of marriage) and I have ever experienced. The manager and owner even stopped by to check with us to make sure everything was good. It was a nice touch. I just can't say enough! Why this is not rated the #1 Restaurant in Kauai is beyond me. The Beach House is, in my opinion, clearly the #1 Restaurant in Kauai. We’ll definitely be back! Please go there, and find out for yourself! (They also offer a creative Lunch.) Bon Appetite.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“sunset diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We made reservations ahead of time for a 7 pm table in anticipation of the sunset. If I could go back I would eat earlier and enjoy the views then relax on the lawn and watch the sunset after dinner. We were seated in the back of the restaurant at an open table. This was a disappointment because we were hoping to watch the sunset but our fault because of the reservation time. We were able to walk out onto the lawn after we placed our drink order and enjoy the cloudy sunset.

Food was excellent but service was a little slow. The drinks and apps came quick but the main meal two drinks later. The fresh fish was outstanding however. I would recommend the Beach House to anyone looking for a great venue and solid food.

Visited July 2013
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We tried to eat at The Beach House about 10 years ago, without a reservation, and could not get in. This time around, I booked my reservation before we even left for Kauai. And am I glad I did! What a great restaurant it was! The view is absolutely amazing, right along the ocean, with big glass windows. We were not seated right at the window, but still had an excellent view. The waiter told us the mahi mahi was the most popular meal there, so we ordered it, and it was fantastic. The sauce was delicious, and the fish nice and moist. And to top it off, they had bananas foster on their dessert menu, which is my all-time favorite dessert. As the sun was setting, half of the customers in the restaurant went outside to take sunset pictures by the ocean, and of course we went outside with them. Of all the restaurants we went to on our trip to Kauai, this was the best!

• Visited June 2013