“Great luau.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 15 Activities in Poipu
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: An Intimate and Authentic experience in an Exquisite Setting on Po'ipu Beach. Kaua'i's only oceanfront Lu'au located at the Beach Lawn at Sheraton Kaua'i Resort. As the sun sets, treasure this truly mesmerizing setting as you indulge in island culinary treats with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop. Our traditional-style luau offers a lavish buffet and authentic entertainment featuring award-winning dancers taking you on an alluring voyage weaving tales of Kaua'i and Polynesia into exciting songs & dances.
Yorba Linda, California
“Great luau.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Right on the beach. Very organized. Lines were fast to enter and eat. Excellent show. All the seats are great to see the show.

Mackville, Kentucky, United States
23 attraction reviews
“Great location but way overpriced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location is right on the beach so that is a plus. The performers are also good. But, the food is sub- standard and at $100 it is really over priced. I wish I had not done this as it was my second Luau in 10 years and both of them disappointed me. Save your money and do something else. The parking was also very confusing and a long walk.

San Antonio
7 attraction reviews
“We really enjoyed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The dancers were great, the show was entertaining. We paid for the VIP, and had a front row table. The drinks were very good. The food, just ok. But, I was hard pressed to find a decent meal in Kauai, so, it didn't see, unusual.

Houston
37 attraction reviews
“Overall it was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked this a couple of months in advance and they must seat accordingly because we were in the front row! (I did pay extra for the premium seating, but when we walked up and got to skip the long line it was worth it!). Food was pretty average-- pork was okay, rice and mac salads were very good, the poke was not high quality so I only ate a bite, beef got good reviews from the kids. Drinks were also just okay, but seemed pretty plentiful. Waiters walked around with Blue Hawaiians and Mai-Tais and someone at my table showed up with a beer so that must have been available too. The stage was not arranged as shown in the pictures on the website with the ocean directly behind the stage, but was at a 90* angle. If you were to the extreme left of the stage, you might have some ocean in the background, but if you are to the right you won't. I thought the hula dancers did a great job and seemed very enthusiastic. When they were introduced at the end of the performance the emcee stated that two of the ladies had held championships in their specific styles and another dancer was a former Ms. Hawaii. Prior to the introductions, I wouldn't have been able to pick out the titleholders from the other dancers, so I think that says a lot about the level of dancing. The kids got a little ansy between dinner and the start of the show, but we let them wander around the beach until everything got started. Once the show started they were very entertained! I liked that this was a smaller luau and located outdoors on the beach. I didn't like that there were only 2 bathroom stalls for everyone in attendance. Food was okay, enteryainment was better, so overall I thought it was a very good experience.

Visited July 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
20 attraction reviews
“Aulii Luau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

What makes this luau a good experience is the setting. It takes place on a oceanfront setting. That being said--the food is a buffet style meal. The mc was good, show is good. There was no pit to cook the pig--the pork was bland. Drinks were brought around to the tables by waiters--sometimes they took a while to get to you. If you pay more you get front row tables & you get to go first to eat. I have been to other luaus on other Hawaiian islands--some better, some worst. I enjoyed going to this one & would recommend to someone who wishes to go to one.

Visited May 2013

Been to Aulii Luau? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Aulii Luau, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.