“Great place on Poipu Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 35%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Poipu
Oregon City, Oregon
“Great place on Poipu Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Four adults stayed for a week at this Marriott property. Since we were not traveling with small children we appreciated the "quiet pool" that is just for adults. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit we were in was clean and comfortable. Not all units have an ocean view but the garden view is awesome with lush gardens, waterfalls and a lagoon. Poipu Beach is right there-great snorkeling.
Be sure to take a helicopter ride around the island - highlight of the trip!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've stayed in many of Marriott's properties. They have all been beautiful and this one is no exception. This was the second time I stayed here and had a great time. Clean, beautiful, staff is helpful. About 20-30 minutes off the main road, but great services near by.

********

I recommend you be very careful when buying points and working with the sales team. This is the second time I've run into issues buying points and Marriott has been extremely unforgiving and trying to talk to someone to resolve the issue has been fruitless.

Recently I purchased additional vacation club points to enroll other timeshare weeks I had at no cost. The sales agent let me know enroll the weeks at no cost as part of the transaction, i just needed to change the timeshare ownership into my trust's name within a certain period. I used the title company they recommended. Unfortunately, the title company made an error when recording the deed even thought I caught the error before they recorded. The deed was recorded with the error and it needed to be corrected. Unfortunately, correcting the error put me a couple of days over the period they agreed to honor.

They now will not honor enrolling my weeks at no cost. It has been challenging contacting my sales agent. Calls go unreturned and emails often unanswered. I've called customer service in Florida but they only direct me back to the sales agent. They have promised to cc the sales manager, however I have never been contacted by the sales manager and I can't see any benefit of having done this. I did finally catch my sales person on the phone who then agreed to talk to the customer service manager. She offered to enroll my weeks for an additional fee, exactly what I hoped to avoid by buying additional points. I've tried to contact her to discuss that the reason I missed the deadline by a few days was because of an error made by the company they recommended. I've called the customer service manager at the resort several times and left messages asking for a return call to discuss the issue. She has never answered the phone nor returned any messages.

My advice is before buying points, be very careful and make sure any changes or work you need to do is completed BEFORE you buy the points. Based on my experience, once you have signed for the points it will be very difficult to get any support from your sales office.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review of our resort. As everyone's personal vacation planning is different and there are many factors involved when using your vacation points, we would welcome the chance to speak with you regarding your questions. Pleae contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384.
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here 36th my parents and enjoyed having the space and two rooms. It's a great place for families.

The pool was never super crowded, which was nice. You have to go to the bar if you want a drink, we hoped there would be pool service.

The beach area is really nice, good for snorkeling. Saw a lot of beached seals and a sea turtle. The sunsets there were amazing!! Best part of the trip!

The ocean view is of a parking lot with the ocean in the distance, but we still enjoyed having the balcony.

• Stayed October 2013
San Jose California USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We are multiweek owners of Marriott, please in the Vacation Club Points program. Booked a week at this lovely resort. Be aware that anything that has even a little view of the ocean is "ocean view". We had requested top floor, end unit, ocean view. We got all of those features, however at the back of the complex facing the koi pond. All in all, I pretty nice unit, although dated. Beds very comfortable, but bathrooms rather tiny. The rooms are very quiet from guest noise, however, the roosters living on the property can start crowing at 3 am! We complained several times, and the management seemed to control them until 6:30 am. The best rooms are end units, ocean FRONT, Hale 1. There are many rooms that do not have an ocean view, and may even have a parking lot view only. Snorkeling at the Mariott's beach is excellent, stay to towards the rocks on the west. We swam with a sea turtle and many schools of colorful fish. All in all a pleasant stay, Poipu and Koloa are nice with plenty of good restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We booked a night at this resort about 6 months in advance. It was the last night of our honeymoon and we really were looking forward to our stay.
We were very disappointed for multiple reasons, first by the late check in, around 4pm. The only room available for us, even though booked months in advance, was a wheel chair accessible dark room on lowest floor. It was really smelly and we had to run the AC just to be able to breathe. There was a little patio with a view to the next hotel. Since we checked in so late, we didn't get to enjoy this area much.
The bathroom was convenient for somebody in a wheelchair, same with the room. Not quite what we expected for our honeymoon. The furniture is okay for a motel but nothing we expected from a Marriott.
We asked to change rooms but the only other option was a room with twin beds. We didn't feel like valued customers at all, this place cares mostly about the time share guests.
Having stayed there one night we would never consider that option.
The pools were okay, not very big for the numbers of kids jumping in and out.
We loved Poipu but will definitely not return to this resort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for visiting us at Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club. I am sorry to hear you had multiple challenges while staying with us on your honeymoon. As a Marriott Vacation Club resort, the check-in time is 4PM, which allows our housekeeping team enough time to service the villas. I can understand your frustration if this was not explained to you beforehand. The room condition you described is not typical for our resort and should have been correct immediately.

We would welcome the chance to speak with you regarding your visit and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at 800-860-9384 or by email at customer.care@vacationclub.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to hear from you soon.
Alamo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel offers ocean view and garden view accommodations. Many of the ocean view rooms are barely ocean view. We were first assigned a room with no clear balcony and immediately above the pool in a dark room. We were reassigned quite a bit from the ocean. Many other ocean view rooms offer a glimmer, which some other are excellent. The garden views are fine and if that meets your needs, you should be happy. If you like, however, to sit on a balcony and look at the ocean or sunset, you run a major risk of being disappointed. The hotel is more quiet than most major hotels in Hawaii, and Kauai offers a lot to see. Just don't come here with an expectation of a great view... unless you have some insider help or just get lucky.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Maybe have a relative or friend at the front desk or with management. Otherwi...