We have been coming to Lihue for 14 years. Obviously we love it. For the last 6 we have been at Waiohai. We have been here all seasons. Not much variation in temperature and a slight variation in rain. We have had a lot of rain in the summer, but this year there is very little. We did not like the winter season as the days are too short. One of our greatest pleasures is getting up at dawn and walking along the shore or just surf watching with a cup of coffee
14 years ago, the dining scene in Poipu was bleak, but that is no longer true. One of the reasons we like Waiohai is that we have a full kitchen and a Costco is within range. There is a snack bar, but no restaurant at Waiohai. We find the resort staff to be friendly(How can you be upset when the receptionist greets you with: Welcome home.
If you want a full service hotel, this is not for you. If you want a family friendly, relaxing place, this is it. A final piece of advice. We usually buy some beach chairs. There are usually some available, but I am sun sensitive and need shade. We also go to other beaches.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Waiohai Beach Club Hotel Poipu
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Poipu
- Marriott Poipu
- Poipu Marriott
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Club
- Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club Kauai/Poipu