We took our 2 adult kids to this hotel and it was everything you want hawaii to be. The hotel grounds are awesome. The unit was great and the second bedroom had a comfortable king pull out couch so the 2 kids had a great space. Full living room with patio, fully stocked kitchen and washer drier. We cooked in alot and the extremely well maintained outdoor grills were great to have. Best feature by far is the great beach with rentals for beach chairs and all sorts of beach activities, snorkeling and supping. To end the day, the Huna bar was excellent plus you could grab great fish tacos and my new favorite the Chi Chi (coconut milk, pineapple and vodka drink).
Ok, for the reality check. We booked several months in advance and the month before we arrived I got the call that they could not accomodate our room requests as we were not club owners or had high marriot reward status. I asked if we were basically going to get a room overlooking a parking lot and she said "Basically? yeah!" :-( We went ahead with the reservation anyway and were pleasantly surprised that even tho we didn't get a room overlooking the beach or into the grounds themselves, our room wasn't too bad. We were in building 5 (Hale 5) in room 5404 and you can see our view. Building 4 has rooms that sit directly over a parking spot and I don't know if we could have handled that as we really enjoyed starting and ending the day on the patio. The other factor is the roosters that sometimes start crowing as early as 3 :15 a.m and go on thru the day. We used a white noise app on our phones to blur the noise and made it thru the week. We took advantage of the "stay and play" plan (no charge) to check out at 10 a.m but use the beach and health club room to shower and change before our 8 pm flight. There are only 2 showers so everyone else who had the same plan really had to hustle thru tight quarters to get in and get out.
All and all, we would definately come back and sure hope to in the next 2 years. Lots of fun things for small kids to do thru the day and great help for booking zip lining and other big kid activities but book early as they do book out fast. Aloha
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Waiohai Beach Club Hotel Poipu
- Marriott`s Waiohai Beach Club Hotel
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Poipu
- Marriott Poipu
- Poipu Marriott
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Club
- Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club Kauai/Poipu
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.