“Two visits and cannot wait for the next!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Poipu
Bend, Oregon
“Two visits and cannot wait for the next!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I have been fortunate to stay at Waiohai Beach Club once in 2012 and once in 2013. We continue to love every aspect of the resort with absolutely no complaints. The resort is perfect in every way!

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have had the opportunity to make a number of timeshare memories and have been to some fabulous places, but this is the best one yet. Up until this resort, our favorite vacation had been at The Westin at St. John in the U.S, Virgin Islands. But this trip to Kauai has taken over first place as our best overall vacation experience. The Marriott Waiohai was absolutely gorgeous everywhere you looked and offered a wonderful variety of options for excursions, activities, and, an array of exercise & training classes geared for all ages.

If the resort wasn't already enough to make us want to come back, the exercise classes alone made this stay special. Zoey and Greg, of White Tiger Wellness, were fabulous instructors offering classes for strengthening your back, rotator cuffs, & shoulders. They taught an introductory class of yoga and Tai Chi, and even Water Aerobics. All the classes were by the ocean, under the palm trees, with a wonderful breeze. You didn't want it to end. The classes could be paid for by the class or one could pay a reasonable discounted lump sum and attend all of them. We picked the latter. Though not terribly agile or balanced, we found great improvement in the week we were there.

Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: we liked garden view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Claremont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

It is absolutely perfect for families! We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with a good size kitchen. There are multiple pools for kids and a separate one for adults only. It has its own beach and you can rent umbrellas. It is very close to a little shopping center that has a small market Living Foods and other nice places to eat. The food at the resort is not great but it has a little market for basics. There are a lot of daily activities for children and adults. The activities include lei making, hula lessons, pond fishing, pineapple carving, bingo, and other fun events. They have rentals available for the beach and guests can borrow toys from the kids activity center. They have a small but nice fitness center that is open 24/7.

It is a time share resort that rents the units to others when available. The owners get first choice of the units. We paid for ocean view but it is really a garden view with a glimpse of the ocean but the gardens are beautiful. I would stay here again if we return I just worry that our room location won't be as nice as it was. Some of the locations face the parking lot.

It would be nice if the website was more specific about unit locations. There should be four options; full ocean view, partial ocean view, garden view and parking lot view.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The grounds were very well maintained.

The location in Poipu was perfect for our daughter and son-in-law to go scuba diving with a local outfitter. The weather seems to be warmer in Poipu than in the north part of the island.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pools and facing the gardens are really nice. We like the top floor.
Jamul, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I used Marriott points to stay here for two nights before my wife and I headed to Princeville for a five-night stay. Although the units were nice, we were disapponted overall. We were informed and understood that owners got first preference of units; our unit on the backside of Hale 4 was advertised as a island view, it more accurately should have been stated as a parking lot view. We were also surprised by the 10am checkout time, meaning that we only spent about 36 hours on site. The grounds, beach, pool, and fitness facility were very nice. All in all, I would not stay here again for the price.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to the Marriott in Poipu in February and we had a great time. This property is very well maintained and beautiful. We were fortunate to get a 2 bdr / 2 ba villa at this property compliments of my parents timeshare. Upon entering the property, we were immediately greeted by the staff and they were very helpful. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (we were early), so they took my number and promptly called me when it was.

The room was very peaceful and had a full kitchen with amenities. It had storage containers, salt / pepper, etc, which was nice and helpful for our stay. The master room had a large tub in the bathroom and a separate shower. The 2nd room featured a shower, and the full-sized washer / dryer.

The pool on the property is a bit small and in order to stay in the sun, we needed to use the lawn chairs settled on the grass. It overlooked the beach though, so no complaints there.

The beach on the property is partially private and partially public. It is all well maintained by security, so I never was worried about leaving my things at my chair while I went to the restroom or to get something to eat.

The marketplace does have some essentials you'll need, but you're probably better off going to the Big Save or the Living Foods Market and Cafe (a real gem, by the way) in the new shopping center in Poipu.

The hotel doesn't have much in terms of dining aside from the beach bar, but there's some great restaurants nearby that are fantastic.

Overall, would definitely come back. We loved the home feel of this property compared to the other Marriott in Lihue. It was a wonderful time, great for families!

One side note, I did get a massage in their beach cabanas. It was just okay, I'd save the $$ and go to Anara Spa at the Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nuevo, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been an every other year owner at Waiohai since 2007, however my last stay was in 2009. I have received emails about changes, and improvements that had been made over the past few years and was excited to see them 1st hand. I was a little disappointed when I arrived because updates and renovations were not readily noticeable. In fact only half the jets in the main spa were working and the equipment in the fitness center was pretty worn out. Another shocking discovery was that the pool bar (The only bar on the property) closes at sunset, which in February was at about 6:30. I must say that I love the location, and being able to snorkel at Poipu Beach right in front of the resort is great, however as far as Marriott Vacation Club Resorts go I was a bit disappointed with this stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota City, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Never stay at this hotel!!! Booked an Ocean view and could not see the Ocean. They are renting rooms which may face the Ocean, however the trees and buildings block your view. I have attached pictures of my room views. Management was no help and gave some excuse about Owners get first pick. I said then don't rent a room without a view if you do not have it. I said I was going to leave and they said only if we let you out do you not have to pay for the remaining days. Not a very smart argument, just gives you a taste of this Hotels mentality to customers. They finally said if you leave by 10AM they would let me out of my remaining days. I asked twice at check in to confirm this was an Ocean view room and was told twice yes it was a very nice view. Worst hospitality ever, so I packed up my family at a huge loss of time and left the next day. I have over 550 stays at Marriott's and never have been given a room that was classified incorrectly. Marriott typically has Ocean front, Ocean view, and Partial Ocean view to better help us book the correct room. Marriott's Waiohai should not be allowed to take advantage of customers so badly. My best advice is do not stay here. There are many other options around Poipu. Go to the Sheraton, Hyatt, or go to and stay at the Marriott's Kauia'i Beach Club/Lagoons. Just stay away from the Marriott Waiohai who's management has no moral values.

Room Tip: Hotel is at a bad angle so unless they can guarantee one of the front buildings (and they won't...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club. Your experience is not typical of our resort. Please feel free to contact our customer care team if you would like someone to personally respond ot your concerns. You can contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384.

Been to Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club? Share your experiences!