“A Dining Jewel In Poipu” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kalaheo, Hawaii
“A Dining Jewel In Poipu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Of all the restaurants with an ocean in Poipu, Rumfire is now my favorite. I have enjoyed more than one meal here as I live on island and have spent some time with friends at the bar. I have enjoyed my experience every time.

The pupus were excellent, well portioned for sharing. This last time we had the pear flatbread and ahi poke. Wonderful presentation. We imbibed on the signature Mai Tai's which one of us asked for all dark rum and they came up perfectly. Later we matched the wine with our meals and the waiter's suggestion was dead on. We had scallops, opah (requested it under cooked, again it was dead-on) and penne pasta. We all tried each others entreés and agreed that it was a thumbs up all around. Finished with banana lumpia. Even the coffee was delightful.

I have read about the comments regarding open air and tend to agree that they could open the windows or perhaps they could light the water so that you can see the ocean. We often get breezes that can cool off food a little too quickly.

I look forward to my next dinner at Rumfire.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lawrence, Kansas
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Partake in the food and service at Rum Fire. All was great from the food to the service. Not a great deal for vegans like me but the spaghetti was delicious.

Visited June 2013
Ridgefield
“Limited but excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Limited choices but all we ate were prepared with care. Delicious ribs for instance and fresh salads.

Visited June 2013
Kalaheo, Hawaii
“Miss The Open Air”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Sheraton spent a lot of money to remodel this space and did a great job. The food at the new restaurant is definitely better than before. Many small plates to choose from. My only complaint is that they are right on the water and none of the windows open. So what was once an open air restaurant with patio dining, is now air conditioned. The view is stil spectacular.

Visited May 2013
california
“Best Winter Sunset on Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great meal, good service and sweet winter sunset! There is often live music in the bar and although we have only had a full menu dinner, it looks like the pizza might be tasty as well!

Visited April 2013