“What a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 15 Activities in Poipu
Type: Classes/Workshops, Wellness & Spas
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom Designed Yoga & Fitness Vacations & private yoga for indiviuals, couples, wedding parties, families, groups.
San Diego
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I tried to sign up for a group class, but none was available when I wanted to go, so I splurged for a private session. It was totally worth it. I texted Antonia at 6 a.m. and she met me for a beachfront session at 7:30. It started to rain right before, and she waited with me for a half an hour until it stopped. The session was just the right level for me (I am not a very experienced Yogi). I felt like I got a good workout, and after a long flight it felt great. She even offered to take a photo of my beach front "yoga studio," which was a great memory to capture. I would recommend this experience for anyone wanting to keep up their practice or just splurge on something special for their vacation.

Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Wonderful Yoga Instructor and Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

While staying on Poipu Beach for two weeks, my boyfriend and I did 5 private yoga sessions with Antonia on the lanai of our rental house, overlooking the ocean. It was such an awesome experience, made even more special by Antonia's extensive knowledge and warm energy. She listened closely to our goals and really made the class exactly what we wanted. She was very sweet and inclusive towards my crazy 3 year old daughter who kept trying to join in. And, she thoughtfully tailored the class one day to include my boyfriend's father who has Parkinson's. I highly recommend her as an instructor!

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“A Great Way to Start the Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed two weeks at the Sheraton Kauai and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our yoga and Pilates experiences in Antonia's classes. She provided modifications for all levels and one of her goals was to make it fun! I thought Antonia's classes were of high quality...and the oceanfront setting was fabulous as well! Thank you!

Visited March 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Antonia provides the perfect mix of yoga styles, appropriate for beginners and hard core yogis.
She has such a calm pleasant and giving manner and understands the true meaning of ahimsa.
And who wouldn't want to practice right by the ocean? Perfect.

Visited January 2013
AntoniaElizabethJoy, Owner at Kauai Oceanfront Yoga with Antonia Joy, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Aloha Leslie, Thank you for your uplifiting review of my Yoga Classes! It was such a pleasure to meet you & hope to visit your vegan restaurant in N.C. Soon. Let's keep spreading the ahimsa (non-violence through doing no harm to others, including animals). Namaste
Chicago
17 attraction reviews
“Ocean front yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I come to Kauai every year at Christmas, and attending Antonia Joy's yoga class is always a highlight of the trip for me. She's a great instructor and the setting is magnificent. Mahalo!