Waikomo Stream Villas #223 has new owners and the problems previously noted for this unit are long gone. We had a fantastic time! The suite is large and was a great value. My favourite part was falling asleep to the nature sounds (crickets?) in the lush inner courtyard, and waking to birdsong. I don't think we could hear any frogs from this unit. The kitchen overlooks the pool, and the lanai overlooks the large Wyndham development next door, but it is okay - still palm trees to look at and fairly quiet as it is the back of the development. The proximity to the wonderful Poipu beach area is great for families. You have both choices - a calm sandy bay for swimming and snorkelling, and the exhilarating waves of Brenneke's Beach across the park for boogie boarding. The unit was well stocked with everything you need in the kitchen, towels and linens, and washer and dryer with all supplies, wifi, beach chairs and boogie board. The pillow top king size bed was super comfy. We put the pull out mattress on the floor in the living room where you could get a real cross-breeze at night by opening the sliding glass door and windows. Even though there is no air conditioning, the place was kept cool by the wonderful breezes. Having Netflix was great too for when the kids had enough sun for the day. Plus there is a Lapperts ice cream at the ritzy Shops at Kukui`ula next door! Nice place to window shop or eat out, however nearby Koloa has more character for shopping and eating. If you are on a budget, I'd recommend getting groceries at Costco or Walmart in Lihue as the grocieries in Poipu are pricey. Kristen at Aloha Condos is a phone call away for any questions or problems. The owner called us midway through our week there to make sure we were happy with everything too. We were very happy! Waikomo Stream Villas is a wonderful choice in the Poipu area, especially if you are looking for a more affordable rental in this area. The grounds are lovely. It's quiet and family oriented. Great location for exploring the west side, Waimea Canyon or taking a boat trip to see the Napali coast. A longer drive to Hanalei and the North area, but not to be missed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best kept secrets in the Poipu Beach Resort area, Waikomo Stream Villas is a lush garden resort containing just 60 units located on the sunny side of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Waikomo Stream Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikomo Stream Villas Hotel Poipu
- Waikomo Stream Villas Kauai/Poipu