“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

To be blunt my husband, and I chose for our safety to not go on this excursion. The day we were to go out -a bad storm was heading towards the island, a strong wind front was coming through, and the waves were coming in very choppy, and rough (dangerous waters). My husband has been a captain for 15+ years and was quite concerned. Staying at the Hyatt we had concierge call ahead to see if the trip was going to be cancelled-surprisingly it was not. We went down to the harbor and met with Capt. Tara- we voiced our concerns, and she agreed, as well as voiced that she was just as concerned about the weather. We asked about refunds and her response quote "If I'm going out, so are you" ... In short that did not settle well, and blatantly told her no, and that we would book with someone else through the "Hyatt" as soon as she heard that, she was very quick to offer a refund/ reschedule. I'm sure Captain Tara is very knowledgeable with the aquatic wildlife, but in regards to safety, we felt that the financial gain was more heavily weighed, then the safety of her passengers.

Bath, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“Whales and dolphins, oh my!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great time! Tara and Rob made it a lot of fun and made sure everyone was wet! Food they served was great and everyone had a good time. We ran into hundreds of spinner dolphins, running with us at the bow wave and other times coming right at us. Tons of fun. Both are very knowledgeable, personable and professional. Always felt stable and safe. Wish we'd have had time to snorkel with them. Very impressed.

casper,yy
4 attraction reviews
“scared stiff to relaxed in minutes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am always a wreck geting into the ocean - afraid of whats going to eat me rather than just enjoying all the wonder of the sea. Thanks to Captain Taras patience in explaining everything and then getting into the water and encouraging me to just start looking around Iwas in the water swimming with turtles and fishes before I knew it!!!! Great teacher and patron of the sea

Big thanks from Stephanie

east greenwich, rhode island
152 attraction reviews
“Captain Tara is very knowledgable and fun to be with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We took the afternoon whale watch with Tara (a marine biologist) and Rob. Both were knowledgeable and fun to spend the afternoon with. The whales were numerous and we were not disappointed. The inflatable zodiac is fast and smoothe. Bring rain gear (to protect from the surf) and warm jacket. I brought my camera, but with a lot of people in the boat and the unpredictable behavior of the whales, good shots are unlikely. Either buy postcards, or bring the memories back in your heart, to quote the guides. One nice surprise, midway through they served veggies and dip, potato chips and drinks. I was most impressed as to how they dealt with a seasick passenger. As we were fairly close to our starting point, we returned to shore, dropped him off, and continued on. One last word of caution, bring your sunblock as it is very sunny out on the water.

Spokane, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“I will snorkel again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was terrified to go snorkeling and thought I would just sit In the boat and enjoy the scenery. Captain Tara was like Jillian on the Biggest loser....she just made me do it and WOW what an experience. I am so glad her tour was the one I was privileged to go on. I am actually looking forward to another snorkeling trip next year! Thanks Tara!