“Great 1st Surf Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great 1st Surf Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My 21 year old daughter recently had her 1st surfing experience and it was great. The Kauai Surf School was a very good choice. The instructor not only knew his stuff but was good at providing instruction. He did a great job of teaching the basics in a short amount of time. Since we were staying at the Sheraton on Poipu, the location was great! Be sure and book ahead of time. This was time well spent while in Kauai.

Visited January 2013

Oregon, WI
9 attraction reviews
“Best People to learn to Surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

There are a couple of surf schools in Poipu. These folks were recommended by our landlord and we weren't disappointed. The care and knowledge was excellent. We compared them to others going on at the same time and could see why they have often got high ratings. The instructor understood the specific abilities of each of us and tailored the experience to what we were capable of doing.

One item of advice is to take a lesson 1st thing in the morning as the beach will be less crowded by other surf schools.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, WA
7 attraction reviews
“WOAHHHHHH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My daughter had a great surf lesson with Kyle. He took the time to make us both feel comfortable and she had a great time. I really appreciate his patience with me. I would definitely recommended asking for Kyle. However, Jamie should probably keep his parenting advice to himself.

Visited November 2012
Montreal
10 attraction reviews
“Incredible! Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my first ever surf lesson with Allan from the Kauai Surf School. Early on in the lesson, he already had me riding the waves straight to the beach. He was also just a fun person to spend some time with.

I wasn't able to book this school through the concierge at the Kiahuna Plantation and the Beach Bungalows, but after checking out the different reviews and speaking to them directly, I knew this was the place to go with. You can also pay by credit card right there on the beach.

Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
Crete, Illinois
“A Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I would definitely recommend Kauai Surf School to everyone. I had my first surf lesson today with Kyle. He is an excellent instructor-very encouraging, informative, knowledgeable, and fun. I was able to stand on my first try! The location and conditions were great, and this is definitely the highlight of my trip so far.

Visited December 2012