“Perfect in paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #17 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Poipu
“Perfect in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Condo stay is exceptional in Hawaii. This place is great, reasonable priced, fantastic service, private beach and super clean! Unit 94 also has a washer & dryer which is fantastic! 3 minutes by foot to A Starbucks, general store & little mall with a Roy's Resturant - everything you need for a perfect stay! Plus it is 3 minutes to the public beach of PoiPu - Love it here!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

An amazing place! This was great the beach is only a minutes walk, and if your there for the beach then this is the place to go. Right across the street is a general store and a couple shops and restraunts. This is the best hotel in Kauai because it's grandfathered in to the beach! You have to boogie board and the grass is so lush that it's practically a blanket! Go here!

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
carlsbad, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My visit to Kauai last week was beautiful, thanks to Kiahuna Plantation. The whole place is so pretty and lush. I will definitely stay there again, except not in building 39. Building faces a restaurant with nightly live music show and they play loud and late into the night. Not good for people that enjoy quiet while on vacation. Beach in front of the hotel is one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: stay away from any room in buiding 39
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rhododendron, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

lush beautiful well maintained gardens, lots of space, right on the beach and the sunny side of Kauai. We stayed in condo 187 which had a beach view. What kept it from a 5 rating was that the condo was a bit long in the tooth. bedroom door had a broken track, shower head in master bedroom was hanging on a hose and could not be secured to the holder. handle fell off the oven door when we opened it to bake. The staff was friendly and helpful. If you are a foodie like us, bring a knife sharpener and a wooden cutting board, they provided a cutting board made of glass, and knives that were like very thin sledge hammers. But this is a foodies paradise, lots of fresh seafood at stores, locally grown fruits and vegetables can be purchased at small stands. Markets have all the needs, good wine selection. The beach was a bather's paradise.

Room Tip: try for a recently remodeled condo for more up to date amenities.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just got back from Kauai' after a full 7 nights stay at the Outrigger Kiahuna. We had a partial ocean view/garden view. This condominium unit was centrally located on the south shore within walking distance of the most popular snorkeling swimming beach around. The condo was great, with lots of room to move around. No air conditioning, but lots of fans and windows. It had a great patio, large and roomy which also allowed the tropical breeze to blow around and help to keep this kool. It was tough to get onto the wifi and eventually had to ask the front desk for exact, specific directions...they eventually offered a handout, but only after I asked. The flat screen TV was on the fritz; it worked when it wanted to; you'd get sound but no screen., and that lasted for the entire week The kitchen was great! It had lots of room to move around and cook. You get free room service mid-week and you needed too; all the towels were wet. They never seemed to be able to dry completely. Be sure to purchase some cheap beach towels while you're there. There's a shopping/eating area across the street. Lots of restaurants. There are a few grocery stores very close by in Kaloa, but everything is super expensive; milk, break, cereal. Make a stop at Costco if you can and check out their deli section. Generous portions of delicious food, in good containers that will last you through the week..Don't waste your time bringing snorkeling gear from home; you can rent it all by the day or week right there at the resort. $15 dollars for fins, snorkel and mask. There is just so much to do and see that we found out that 7 days was not nearly enough time to just lay on the beach and relax. Be sure to check out the Spouting Horn, the Allerton Garden, The coffee plantation...The hotel can easily hook you up with whatever adventure you'd like to check out.
A 1 hour helicopter ride around the island is an absolute must, if you don't do anything else.
Over all I'd say that the Outrigger is the way to go. We are making plans to go back next year and will stay at the same place, but up closer to the ocean. I hope that this helps you out. Oh! You really don;t need to bring too many extra clothes along. A couple of bathing suits, tee-shirts, a wrap or two for you wahines and of course SUN GLASSES! Aloha!

Room Tip: We were in room 418...The 3rd floor. The balcony faced the ocean and we had an awesome breeze blowi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were in number 303 which was a one bedroom one bathwhich we had rented directly from the owner via VRBO. Check in was friendly and quick. The lanai (loved it) overlooked the garden ,thus it was quiet, and very private. ...and no ,or very distant checken noises in the early AM. The windows let in plenty of air with the slats. No need for air conditioning. We never did go to the pool, because we loved the beach.. The beach access was a five minute walk, it was awesome . Beach chairs and towels were free. The accommodations were clean, and simple, and perfect for us.I loved the communal BBQ, used it often ,and made new friends while cooking ! Mid week cleaning was included by Charles, our condo owner.. We loved the condo, the resort, and are planning to go back.

Room Tip: It is a very big property, if you do not mind a 5 minute walk to the beach, then you have lots of gr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

When booking this resort through Pleasant Holidays, my original plan was to get the Run-of -the -mill Condo (cheapest cost). I was advised that the Condo's in this price range would be adjacent to a busy road and I would be subjected to traffic noise. Upon this suggestion I upgraded to a Royal Garden View. When I arrived I was assigned a Condo, and was given one at the back of the property adjacent to the busy road. The Staff did allow me to change my room to an upstairs. I contacted my travel agent and informed them of my situation. I was told by her, that Pleasant Holidays would contact me ASAP. I never heard from them or the Condo Management. When I upgraded, I was told my Condo would be more in the center, in a quieter part of the property.. On the 2nd day, I contacted the staff, who told me that my Condo was part of the Royal Garden package??? Advice to anyone booking.... call the Hotel Staff and ask where your Condo will be located. We made the best of it while there. The Condo was well furnished, and well maintained. Remember, there is no Air Conditioning... Window Slats provide all the ventilation, along with ceiling fans. We had no problem with this, especially being upstairs.
The Grounds are beautiful, and the staff was friendly. My brother stayed at the Sheraton, next door, and we had no problem walking between the properties. All in all, except for the room snafu, we enjoyed our stay. Great Shopping center across the street, with Starbucks, and many restaurants, and shops. Also note that Housekeeping Service isn't daily. We had one visit during our stay, which we knew in advance. You can have more housekeeping, but at an added cost.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kiahuna Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!