Kiahuna Plantation is conveniently located at one of the better snorkeling spots. The gardens and setting is beautiful, although we didn't quite understand why the lawn was watered to a swamp in places. The cozy apartment units are very similar, with basic furnishings, and well equipped kitchens.
At the desk Gayle, the Expedia local expert, was extremely helpful with information, as well as selecting the best tours and activities for our family. Our absolute favorite activity was the Kauai Sea Riders tour with Captain Tara. Even though weather conditions were somewhat bad, we saw turtles, all kinds of fish, and spinner dolphins. It wasn't in our plans to do a snorkeling trip (none of us have ever snorkeled before), we did this on Gayle's recommendation, and we are so glad we did!
The Kiahuna Swim and Tennis Club was a great spot to go to on windy days, the pool was a hit with the kids, and they also provide towels (different from the ones you get at the plantation for ocean use). The Casablanca restaurant served delicious drinks at poolside.
Highly recommend this spot. We wanted something relaxing, something that didn't feel like a hotel. Outrigger Kiahuna was just right!
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Kauai/Poipu
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.