We visited this property in January and although the rooms and furnishings were excellent, there were still significant issues for the rate charged. On this visit to the island, we decided to give this hotel another try and I am pleased that we did. One of the issues I had in January was the attitude of the front desk team, as they seemed disorganized and unable to make decisions. Not so on this visit as check-in and check-out were handled quickly and professionally. During the visit, I called and made several inquiries of the front desk team and received accurate and helpful information. As for the hotel itself, last visit we had issues with both the internet and ants swarming our accommodations. Not so this visit, as the connectivity was excellent and nary a bug was seen during our visit, except for the occasional gecko's playing in the garden along with the Chickens you must learn to love if you visit Kauai.
With regards to our room, everything was in excellent working order and the accommodations showed little sign of the damage you would expect with dark wood colors. Housekeeping during our 5 day stay was perfect. The only negative I will make is that while this property is not directly on the beach, you can see the ocean located about 1 block away. That said, it is about a 5 minute ride to Poipu beach, but its to far to walk with children. The hotel grounds, pool and hot tub were also well maintained and you may now order and be served both drinks and sandwiches poolside.
So, all things considered, we enjoyed our stay and will return to this property when on island for our next extended visit after the holidays..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most coveted locations in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Kauai as the #1 Hawaiian Island Destination two years in a row. In 2010, Kauai was #1 in the US as an island destination and #2 in the world, based on the readers choice awards. The rich amenities and luxurious accommodations at the brand new Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort are set among 25 acres of lush tropical oasis. The Resort is located less than a mile from the legendary Poipu Beach and boasts two beautiful resort style pools with meandering lagoons and cascading waterfalls. A paradise of natural and cultural treasures on Kauai´s South Shore awaits you, at Koloa Landing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort Kauai