“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Williams, California
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Greatly enjoyed our July 2013 stay. My husband and I were joined by my adult daughter and her boyfriend. We had a two bedroom unit which had plenty of room for two couples. The amenities were great, the only thing I found that would have been a nice addition was a colander, mixer, blender cutting boards, salad bowls, everything we needed was available. :-)
The grounds were lovely although it was a bit of a walk to the beach at the Sheraton, but no biggie, with a pool as lovely as this one we didnt realy need the beach. I did have one teeny tiny issue with a front desk clerk that was unwilling to help me with a purchase at 6:30 in the morning. The market place on site states that it is open 24 hours, and it has a great selection, but when I showed up at 6:30 to buy a quart of milk, which I knew the price of he would not assist me and told me that the girl just got to the store and she would take care of me. I am in the food service industry so I understand that when you walk in the door it takes a few minutes to get organized and I was willing to wait, but stated that the sign that states they are open 24 hours should be corrected since you could not make purchases before 7:00 am. He made some flip remark and walked away. The young lady. Janelle who was working in the Marketplace was very helpful and polite and I give her Kudos for how she handeled the situation.
All in all our stay was very nice and I would recomend to friends.

Room Tip: Depending on how many bedrooms you want if you can possibly get a corner unit, which has two large s...
Green Features: Reclaimned water was used for the sprinklers, however with the amount of rain the area gets it appeared that the sprinklers were on a bit too often.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Ramon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved this place. One of the best places we have stayed. Newer appointments, good room, clean and attractive look and feel, good location. Come and stay while before they build more units. I do not give too many 5 star ratings. Highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The 3 BR condo was spectacular in terms of layout, size and amenities. We found the staff to be super friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the hotel is adding a pool and our rental (building 1) enjoys looking at a temporary plywood fence and hearing a good bit of construction noise. Looking past that, the place is worth staying at, has a great pool, and is in a great location.

Green Features: The hotel has a "Go Green" program which means you can opt out of daily towel service and receive a $50 credit to be used at the shop.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our week-long visit was not long enough. The property was nicer than I expected. There were high quality fixtures and furnishings and very comfortable beds. The pools are awesome and each room has a very wide lanai. Old town Koloa is one of our favorites and is just a short drive away. We found several enjoyable restaurants in the area as well. We have a special thanks to Alisha at the front desk for ensuring we had a room in building #3 and to Misha in Housekeeping who gave great service and provided interesting perspectives on Polynesian family life in Kauai.

This was a combination Business and Family Vacation. The property worked great for both.

Room Tip: Shop at Costco in Lihue to stock up on supplies. Visit the Koloa town Ice Cream shop between 7 - 9...
Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

First of all, I’d like to extend a huge thank you to the entire staff at Koloa Landing. From housekeeping to the wonderful folks at the front desk: “THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR STAY ONE OF THE MOST WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES WE EVER HAVE HAD!” Greeted with smiles and a friendly hello wherever we went made us feel like we were right at home. :-)

Our family stayed in 2 villas to accommodate all of us, and admittedly, if I had known at the time I made the reservation that 4-bedroom villas were available, I probably would have gone that route. That was my fault, though, for not understanding that the accommodations are not typical hotel rooms, but rather more like condos. In the end, I believe our 2 oldest girls (24) liked having a place to themselves – and some privacy. Thank you for settling us in villas next to each other. We appreciated being in such close proximity.

The grounds are beautiful; kudos go out to the gardeners and landscapers. They do an awesome job!

The pools are relaxing – a fun place to catch some sun, stretch out and enjoy a good book, or jump into the refreshing water to cool off from the heat.

The villas – exquisite! We were more than comfortable (is that possible?), able to kick back and relax in the spacious living room, cook up a tasty meal (had we wanted to) in the fully-equipped kitchen (more often than not we snacked/poured a bowl of cereal for a quick breakfast; we ate out most of the time), and the bedrooms/bathrooms were the most luxurious we’ve enjoyed while vacationing! I know this might sound odd to make a comment -- but the beds were great! For the first time in a long time I did not wake up stiff! Too, it was quite nice to have a small washer and dryer right there (in the villa) for our use.

We didn’t spend an exorbitant amount of time in the villa – we wanted to be out and about “experiencing” Kauai – but when we were there we were happy to enjoy some peace and quiet, the ability to stretch out either in a comfortable bed, on the sofa or out on our private patio as we rejuvenated ourselves for our next adventure.

A pleasant surprise as far as amenities go – the small quick market in the main building where guests can purchase food and toiletries – a bit pricey, but expected whenever one shops at a hotel. There is a Big Save grocery store just a few minutes away (by car) so one can have a wider selection, and save a bit of money. I will say this: The little hotel store certainly came in handy – open 24 hours, we were able to avail ourselves of its service after our late arrival.

This was our first visit to Kauai – to Hawaii, for that matter. Making our hotel reservation was the first step, the one facet of the planning stage on which I spend the most time. I was so pleased to see, upon walking through the front door, that I had made the right choice. We’ll just have to return one day to see how Koloa Landing has grown and changed.

Mahalo, The Wolf Family

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
T H, Manager at Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Aloha Wolf Ohana:

Mahalo for recognizing the Koloa Landing Resort Staff. They are truly what makes our resort so desirable and successful. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and the smiles were glowing. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Koloa Landing Resort. Our villas are the largest on Kaua’i and offer the perfect accommodations for families or couples travelling together. We look forward to your next visit.

Mahalo

Been to Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort? Share your experiences!