“Need more coffee & condiments” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Poipu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just got home from Po'ipu last night. We spent a week at the Koloa Landing and it was fabulous! From the minute we pulled in to the resort, I knew I had made the right decision.

At check in, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They greeted me with a kukui nut lei and were quick to get me checked in. Once they knew my husband and toddler were in the car, they took leis out to them as well. The staff gave me the run down of where to find grocery stores, restaurants, etc. I didn't have to ask for this information, they volunteered it, which was really great.

We originally requested a 1-bedroom villa, but were surprised to receive a 2-bedroom when we walked in. The villa was gorgeous and very spacious. The furniture and decor was very tasteful. Not the tacky wicker stuff I've seen in condos on Maui. The decor felt like something I'd want in my island home (if I had a home and a decorator to put it together for me!).

My husband thought the couch in the villa was a little uncomfortable. But I didn't mind it as much. We both agreed that the bed was crazy comfortable. Wow!

The kitchen was beautiful with granite and high-end appliances. My only criticism is that I had no idea how to use the fancy microwave/convection oven. I don't own anything that high end. ;o) It is a totally minor complaint. I would suggest to management they leave a mini "how to" guide on the appliances. They had one for other villa features.

The first night we had problems with the bathtub drain. We couldn't figure it out. We called the front desk and they had a maintenance man to us in under 10 minutes. He was quick to fix the tub (come to find out it was stuck and not us!). And more impressive, the front desk called almost immediately after his departure to make sure the gentleman stopped by and fixed the tub to our satisfaction. Wow! Great follow up!

A couple times we were in the villa when housekeeping came. Both the ladies taking care of us were very nice and the one later in the week would chat with you while working. She was very personable and sweet. She was concerned about waking my toddler. I wish I had gotten her name to give her kudos with management.

We were in building 6 and it is fantastic. You have the quiet pool on one side and the lagoon pool on the other. My 22-month-old LOVED the lagoon pool. We were in it every day. It has a baby area that is only 1 foot deep with a rock version of "Kaua'i" in the middle. It was perfect. She could swim, splash and play. There was also a selection of balls, noodles and squirt guns to play with, which added to the experience. The only thing I'd add is some small kick-boards. Those would have been nice to have.

I was impressed that maintenance was on top of the pools as well. We could see the "quiet" pool from our lanai, and every morning like clockwork, the pool guy was out there vacuuming and skimming the water. I've owned a pool and can say that daily vacuuming is impressive!

The grounds are lovely and there are some amazing outdoor "kitchens" for barbecuing. At the time we were there, they seemed to be underused. You really didn't have much of a wait (if any) to get one. The property also has a volleyball court, putting green and a basketball "court." Although the basketball was just a hoop in the parking lot. Not really a court at all. But still good for a pickup game if you had a ball.

The location of the resort was great. It is on the west end of Po'ipu, and really closer to Koloa than the other resorts. It is an easy 5-10 walk to the Kukui'ula shopping center and it's Wednesday gourmet farmer's market.

The beaches are a quick 5 minute drive from the resort. You could theoretically walk to the Po'ipu beaches in 20 minutes or so--depending on the beach--but it is a quick drive and we never really had issues finding parking. If you are going to Baby Beach, just walk. It is in a residential area and parking there was more challenging the day we went.

I walked down to check out the other resorts I considered. Once I saw the Sheraton, Hyatt and others, I was so pleased with my decision. Koloa Landing is not on the beach, but that is the only thing missing. The other resorts were huge, and looked less personal. They were just mega hotels. Plus, in full honesty, we only went to the beach twice during the week so staying on the beach wouldn't have gained us much. We had more fun in the pool and we could see the ocean from our room. Who needs sand in your pants anyway?! ;o)

Overall, I can't say enough positive things about this resort. Wyndham has done it right on this one. We enjoyed it so much, we're already talking about returning next year for a visit. If/when we return to Kaua'i, we will certainly stay at this property again. It was a fabulous experience.

Room Tip: Building 6 has nice views of the ocean and the "quiet" pool from the upper floors. There d...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
A H, Social Media Ambassador at Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Aloha KaceyB!

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay at Koloa Landing. We appreciate your feedback, and we are grateful you chose to stay with us during your visit to the beautiful island of Kauai.

We are happy you had such an enjoyable experience. As you mentioned, there are many lodging options when staying on Kauai, and we are happy you found your stay to be outstanding.

As you made mention of, our villas are very well-appointed, luxuriously furnished and decorated. It is truly a place made for relaxing. Our staff take a lot of pride in maintaining the beauty of our resort and our facilities. Our two pools receive a thorough detailing/cleaning each day, our housekeeping department works very hard to clean our large villas, and each member of our staff wants your vacation to be memorable and enjoyable. Each of our departments (Guest Services, Engineering, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Management) work hard to run a seamlessly intertwined operation. Thank you for noticing their efforts.

Your fellow travelers will enjoy the tips and highlights you shared when choosing to stay with us. Our location in Poipu is perfect for shopping and dining options. The beautiful beaches of Kauai's south shore are just minutes away, and our staff is always happy to hand out some "local tips."

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we are happy you enjoyed your time on the Garden Island. We hope you return often, and we hope to have you as our guest in the future.

SALT LAKE CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everyone was tremendous to us. Terrin and her crew could not have been any nicer. A very clean and well run resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Aloha SHAUGHN Z!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Koloa Landing during your recent vacation to Kauai. We hope you and yours enjoyed staying in our luxurious villas, and found the Garden Island to be a beautiful place to relax.

Our staff places great emphasis and enthusiasm in providing our guests with an exceptional stay. Thank you for recognizing our efforts.

We hope to have you as our guest in the future, and wewish you and yours the best.

BRACKENDALE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Koloa is a wonderful resort to stay. We stayed here for two weeks and enjoyed every moment of it. The front end staff and housekeepers are all very deedicated and friendly. All of the facilities are very well maintained. The only complaint we had was the hit and miss wifi in our room. We were the furtest away from the reception area so this could have made a difference. I informed the front desk and they had someone look at it but did not notice any improvement. But what the heck we were on holidays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

A H, Social Media Ambassador at Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Aloha TMWBrackendale!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Koloa Landing. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff to be attentive and dedicated to making your stay an enjoyable one.

We hope you enjoyed the beautiful Garden Isle of Kauai, and we hope to have you as our guest in the near future.

Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The suites are beautiful-- a home away from home. We had a peek a boo view of the ocean which is about 5-10 minutes away by foot. Beautiful pool with a very helpful "pool attendant" (Miguel) who gave us good restaurant and points of interest tips. Only negative comment is there was no restaurant at the hotel at the time we stayed there but there is one planned to be built and it wasn't as close to the ocean as I would have liked. There is a Nice little gym available 24 hours which I utilized. One of the most beautiful hotels I've stayed in!

• Stayed October 2012
A H, Social Media Ambassador at Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Aloha bug92!

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Koloa Landing. From the sounds of things, you appreciated what we have to offer our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

We have a wonderful staff here at Koloa Landing. We are glad you found our associate's "local knowledge" helpful when planning your activities and dining options on Kauai. As we continue to grow as a resort, we will be able to offer many more amenties and experiences for our guests. We are glad you enjoyed the wonderful options we currently have.

We hope you are able to come back and visit Kauai in the near future. We also hope you'll remember how much you enjoyed your stay at Koloa Landing.

Social Media Ambassador

Been to Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort? Share your experiences!