Preface: We live one mile from the beach in So Cal. So our expectation of going to a place with an ocean view may differ from others. We were also seeking a couples getaway and more of a full service property.
My wife did alot of research and we were looking for a hotel with full service for a good price, like anyone. Upon arrival it all looked good. we had secured an "ocean view" room and upon walking in we were dazzled by the size and modern design. It was a two bedroom that was brand new inside. As we said goodbye to the bellman we began to settle in. We opened the drapes and low and behold... our ocean view was a view of a rock pile in a tarpped off construction site that has had nothing done in months. The ocean was off at a distance to the right beyond the houses and construction site. Hardly what we expected. Nonetheless we were bummed that we had to look out at that.
I then went for a walk of the property and realized that there is nothing but a small coffee spot selling drinks and snacks. No where to eat on the property.
The pool looks nice but is surrounded by two of the buildings. Its like swimming at your friends condo complex. The beach is a 10 minute drive away. If you want to walk there bring a day pack to carry your stuff because it will take you 20-30 minutes walk to get to Poipu Beach.
I called the front desk and asked for a different room. They offered one but by the time I checked the rest of the property out I was done. Dont get me wrong, its very nice, new and clean but there is no where to have a drink, grab a bite and not even close to the beach. The ocean out front is actually through a neighborhood and to the road. the water is right there but all big rocks.
The great photo of the lobby with beamed cielings and blue ocean in the distance is not how it looks. There is a construction fence just past the lobby, no ocean view, just a few of the properties buildings.
We ended up staying one night.
The GOOD: the bathroom tub is enormaous and great for two. The rooms are very nice and great for a family trip or two couples. When they are done with their final phase of construction it will be a very nice condo type resort.
We would go there is we wanted to take the kids to Poipu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most coveted locations in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Kauai as the #1 Hawaiian Island Destination two years in a row. In 2010, Kauai was #1 in the US as an island destination and #2 in the world, based on the readers choice awards. The rich amenities and luxurious accommodations at the brand new Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort are set among 25 acres of lush tropical oasis. The Resort is located less than a mile from the legendary Poipu Beach and boasts two beautiful resort style pools with meandering lagoons and cascading waterfalls. A paradise of natural and cultural treasures on Kauai´s South Shore awaits you, at Koloa Landing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort Kauai