“Good Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Salt

Red Salt
2251 Poipu Rd, Koa Kea Hotel & Resort, Poipu, Kauai, HI 96756 (Koloa)
+1 808-828-8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Contemporary, Pacific Rim
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Red Salt at the Koa Kea Hotel & Resort on Kauai combines the ideal elements for dining in Hawaii. The beautiful oceanfront setting is enhanced by a contemporary open design, and the large picture windows showcase the ocean and pool views. The diverse menu celebrates the fresh seafood and produce available in Hawaii, while the casual yet sophisticated atmosphere ensures that dining at Red Salt will be a memorable experience.Red Salt offers an ideal setting regardless of time of day. A daily Breakfast Buffet combines traditional American fare with fresh tropical fruit, breakfast bakery selections, assorted juices and an omelet station. The Dinner menu offers contemporary upscale cuisine. Lunch is served poolside and we also offer guest room dining 24 hours a day.
San Francisco, California
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a great place for dinner or lunch. Great service and lovely view. Everyone enjoyed it. The food was good and you had several choices.

Visited November 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

On our first meal out Red Salt was our destination. We stayed at the Kihuana Plantation so just a short walk from there. We took a short cut on the beach. The service was good, I had the Bronzed Diver scallop with the Kailani Farm mixed green, my husband had the pork and the beet salad and everything was very tasty. I love to cook myself and often think I could do better when I go out. Not with this one. I thought that the place was a little noisy and we could not hear the music very well and of course the price... Oh la! La!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great meal at Red Salt. Romantic spot and sushi is the best! Very fresh and beautiful presentation. Service a little slow but found this common throughout Kauai. I would definitely recommend Red Salt for a special dinner!

Visited July 2012
columbus
“Good Service, Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the lovely hotel and houses this restaurant. We ate breakfast here every day and dinner here twice. Breakfast was very nice but after 3 days, we wished they offered some specials to mix it up a bit. Dinner was average at best. The sushi was overrated and my fish entree was overcooked. It was too bad, because service was good and the look of the restaurant was nice.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Really good food and very convenient if you are already staying at the Koa Kea. My wife and I ate here twice during our stay.

Visited November 2012