First off - hat tip to the on-site managers, Lauren and Kara. They will do anything they can to make your stay unforgettable. We weren't the easiest group to deal with as we had 3 kids in tow, our nanny and my sister and brother-in-law - and I messed up our reservation by missing one night! Lauren pushed their schedule to get us into another unit for that night. We also returned to this property during our second week, after a terrible one-night stay at a Hanalei resort up north. Again, Lauren really helped us out and got us another unit for the week! Thanks Lauren!
Second - walking into the penthouse four bedroom unit takes your breath away. It's luxurious. It's spotless. Smooth jazz playing in the background. The staff really put effort into the smallest detail! The marble floors and counters, huge ensuite showers and massive balconies match any top-drawer, big-city hotel. You will pinch yourself that you're staying here - and at incredibly reasonable rates!
Third - Poipu is lovely for a family stay! I could see how some might not like the 5 minute walk to the beach, but we loved it. You're in Hawaii surrounded by beauty. Enjoy the stroll!
Fourth - air conditioning!
Fifth - the pool area is great for kids and adults alike.
The only issue is the noise transfer to the suite below. We are a pretty tame group, but the people below us moved because of the noise. When we moved to a lower level unit, we could see why. If at all possible - spring the the top floor units.
All-in-all, we were skeptical about renting a condo for this vacation but with 8 of us we didn't have much choice. All concerns were allayed and we can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai