We stayed in poolside villa C210 from March 11-15, 2013. The villa is beautifully decorated - hardwood floors, huge kitchen with granite countertops - tons of space for a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 14). We loved having a separate bedroom AND bathroom for each kid. Also, having a washer and dryer was a must for a stay at the beach. Like other reviewers stated, we could hear footsteps from the villa above us. However, it was more "background" noise and we did not find it disturbing.
We thought the location was perfect. Shipwreck Beach and the Hyatt is a 5 minute walk on a paved walkway. Brennecke Beach and Poipu Beach are about a 3-5 minute walk in the other direction. Brennecke was great for boogie boarding (used the boogie boards provided by the villas). We saw turtles in the waves on the edge of the beach by the rocks as well. Poipu was calmer and great for snorkeling. There was a turtle very close to shore and we waded out right next to it!
There is a grocery store in Koloa - about a 3 minute drive away. There are also nice restaurants close by in the Poipu shopping area.
One day we drove to Ke'e Beach on the north shore and hiked the 2 mile portion of the Kapalau Trail. It's about a 90 minute drive to Ke'e Beach and well worth it. Stunning views on the hike!
I would definitely recommend the Villas at Kai! Great location, beautifully decorated with conveniences of home, attentive management.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.