We chose the Villas at Poipu Kai because we were traveling with another family and were able to book a four bedroom condo in what looked to be a very convenient area on the south side of Kauai. Overall, I loved the place and would recommend it to others. Here's a quick summary of what I liked and didn't like:
--The condo itself was beautiful with tasteful furnishings and high end appliances. The lanai off the living room looked out at the mountains. We were in a "poolside" condo which I would recommend over a "garden" condo. Our unit seemed a lot nicer than one of the garden villas that I saw. Also, because of the size of our group we were in a penthouse (D300) which was awesome. Our building was one of several surrounding the really attractive pool area (with hot tub).
--The service was excellent. Lauren, who manages the place, was highly responsive to our needs. (In addition, she put us in contact with Stephanie Michel of Island Girl Activities who acted as a concierge and booked several outings for us. She was great.) We paid a daily fee for "basic" maid service which meant we didn't have to run the dishwasher or make our beds every day...which we appreciated. I was surprised, though, that this service wasn't included already. The bedrooms included one king (in a master suite), two rooms with queens and one room with twins. This wasn't the ideal set up for as as we had two adult couples and 4 teenagers. Would have preferred more flexibilty in bed set ups.
--The Villas are very conveniently located. It's a short walk to two beaches in one direction and another short walk to a 3rd beach the other direction. The downside is that you're in the middle of a development which is in the middle of other developments. So you're not getting the experience of looking out at the ocean and there is no feeling of remoteness. You just need to know that going in, as we did. There were really great tennis courts right behind our condo but they were expensive to play on. We ended up getting an annual family membership at this tennis club because that was less expensive than paying a la carte two times.
Overall, a really great week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai