“Should get more for the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Surfing Lessons
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Poipu
Calgary, Canada
“Should get more for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

The service should be better considering the price of each villa. Absolutely no maid service, they ask that you don't leave a large amount of laundry when you check out. I don't go on vacation to wash towels for the next guy. The kitchen is lovely but the furniture is worn. You will have issues with any upstairs tenants if you have a ground floor villa, guaranteed. Pool needs a thorough cleaning. Beaches are not close enough, I thought the website pictures were misleading.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have never been taken care of at a resort like this before. The location was killer for three amazing beaches. Everything you would want or need was made available in the Villa, I especially loved the full kitchen to prepare my meals. I honestly have no complaints about this property and I will be returning as soon as my schedule permits.

Room Tip: I would get a poolside villa
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed in D300 at the Villas for 5 days, after spending the first week at our timeshare at Waiohai. We used only one bedroom of this 4 bedroom 3.5 bath unit on the penthouse top floor of this stunning facility & unit. The unit was stunning, with a private elevator leading to the great room with killer kitchen large living area and dining room. The porch was huge and open to the living area with a glass wall that opens to the outdoors. The master bedroom with huge, with a gigantic bathroom with impressive shower area. The staff was stunning---we had trbl with the icemaker and they brought us ice, told us to buy more if needed which would be reimbursed and ordered service for the refer.

This is a great place---we would return in a heartbeat and will surely do so in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
SLC, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I visited the Villas at Poipu last summer and I've been dreaming about it ever since. As someone who hasn't been to Hawaii before, I was a bit nervous to navigate the rental, excursions etc. From the moment we arrived, I couldn't have felt more peaceful. We came into our villa that was prepared just for us with Hawaiian flowers. Check-in consisted of us walking in to our villa and taking the keys - no hassle, no paper work (already done online) - it was the easiest transition into a rental that I've ever made. After a good night's rest, we awoke to plan the day - a process made all the more simple through the convenient guest book provided to each villa. We easily found restaurants, sites/excursions, grocery stores and maps to the closest beaches. They made Hawaii, Poipu specifically, so accessible!
The place was immaculate - a must for the clean freak in me. The kitchen was stocked with plates, cookware etc. - anything we ever needed to cook and more. The villa was also stocked with boogie-boards, towels and reading books to make the longs days at the beach and pool even more enjoyable. I was also impressed with the beautiful furniture, beds, decor etc. that each villa (we saw three) had. The accommodations were comfortable but also made you feel like you were treating yourself to a very beautiful space - just look at the website pictures! (I can vouch that the villas are as beautiful as they are depicted). Our villa was also well air-conditioned - a must after those long days at the beach.
The location of the villas is ideal. You feel like you are "away from it all" and really experiencing Hawaii while still having easy access to grocery stores (a must), amazing restaurants, shopping and, of course the beach. We walked to the beach every day and never felt overcrowded - even in June!
The amenities at the villas insured a stress-free week. They rental office is right on the grounds and those working there were uniquely accommodating seeking to answer any questions and provide anything I needed in the villa. They even gave us directions and recommendations of places to visit around the resort. The exercise facilities were up-to-date and clean. With all this, however, the pool was my favorite amenity provided by the villas. Our villa rental opened out onto the pool area insuring easy access any time - a swim in the heat of day or a hot tub after dinner. The pool was relaxing for couples like us as well as the multiple families we saw occasionally throughout the week. There was a BBQ and tables available as well as lounging chairs for laying out, relaxing or reading (or all of them which I did).
Overall, as you can see, our visit to the Villas exceeded my high expectations. The resort offers comfort, easy access to Kauai, fantastic customer service - a vacation we will take again. Although ours was a romantic excursion, we hope to bring back friends and family - an opportunity awarded through the spacious and accommodating nature of the Villas at Poipu Kai.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I spent a week here while working at the Pacific Missile Range Facility. The rooms were fantastic and very tastefully furnished. The villas are a quick 5 minute walk through well manicured gardens to the beach, and a quick drive to central Poipu which has plenty of dining and shopping. Driving on Kauai can be aggravating as there is one main road that loops the island and can be subject to backups, but then again, if you are stuck in traffic, you are stuck in traffic... in HAWAII! The golf is great here, and so is the scenery. Definitely check out Waimea Canyon, it is fantastic. All in all, I would 100% recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Stillwater, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

If you are looking for a great place to stay near Poipu this is it (located between Grand Hyatt and Sheraton). We stayed in a three bedroom poolside condo that was exactly as described. We were assigned c110 which after reading a previous review about distance from pool I was a little concerned but that really was a non issue for the adults or even for our small children that were with us. Easy walking distance to beaches, lots of restaurants within walking distance or very short car drive. The grounds were well kept and it is a very small property which meant things like the fitness center and pool were rarely full. The pool was not heated but the temperature was not bad. The place was very clean and anything you could think of needing (housewares, beach towels, beach toys, chairs, inflatables) was provided in the condo or main building. There was a very nice fitness center (a bit small but there were never more than 2 people in it the entire time we were there). Staff seemed friendly but given that it was a condo we didn't have much interaction with them.

My only complaint was related to the family that stayed above us. The condo was very quiet (hard to hear outside noise, noise from others within the condo, noise from other condos, pool noise, etc.) EXCEPT for foot traffic above. Normal foot traffic was able to be heard but wasn't bothersome. Running and jumping from those above felt like you were living below elephants! There was a small child in the condo above us that ran or jumped every time she moved. During the day we gave it the benefit of the doubt and/or we were busy doing other things but at 2 and 3 in the morning (she clearly had not adjusted to Hawaii time) when she decided to run and jump about it was horrible. When other guests were above it was not an issue, you could still hear walking but it wasn't intolerable. I guess if that is something that may bother you you may want to inquire about getting an upstairs unit or find out if there are small children in the unit above you.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

The Villas at Poipu Kai were incredible. It was a great place for the whole family. It was just a walk away from the beach and local stores and restaurants. We spent a lot of our time at the beach boogie boarding and snorkeling with the equipment provided by the villas. They provided us with towels, and chairs for the beach as well. We were also able to do our laundry with the washer and dryer provided in our room. The place itself was very well kept and clean. The great thing about the villa is that there is a lot more room in comparison to a hotel. I was very impressed with the warm welcome we received upon arrival. I was worry free the entire trip. The pool was also a great place for the whole family. We spent almost every night in the pool playing games and sitting in the Hot tub. I will never stay anywhere else on Kuai. It was the greatest trip I have been on so far. I will without a doubt stay at the villas when I go to Hawaii.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Villas at Poipu Kai? Share your experiences!