“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Poipu
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2003

I stayed at Makhuena from October 12th through 16th of 2003 in a 3 bedroom condominium unit. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.
This is my 4th trip to Hawaii (2nd to Kauai), and I must say this was probably the best accommodation I had overall.

I requested a unit with 4 twin beds, and this was provided without a problem. The views were nice; I didn't request an oceanview room, but Evelyn gave me an ocean view. I could see the waves hitting the rocks, and at night, I would fall asleep to the sounds of waves.

The rooms did not have air conditioning, but I didn't feel like I needed one. Because this property overlooks the ocean directly, there is a pleasant ocean breeze. There were fans in all the rooms, including ceiling fans.

The rooms very clean, and kitchen sparkling. All of my expectations were met....Everyone in our party had a great time there, and look forward to going back eventually.

Aloha!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)

Been to Castle Makahuena at Poipu? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Castle Makahuena at Poipu

Address: 1661 Pe'e Road, Poipu, Kauai, HI 96756
Location: United States > Hawaii > Kauai > Poipu > Koloa
Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #18 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Poipu
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3 star — Castle Makahuena at Poipu 3*
Makahuena at Poipu is an oceanfront condominium on the southernmost point of Kauai that offers a rare opportunity to experience both a stunning sunrise and sunset. Accommodations include one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include a pool, jet spa, tennis court, and barbecue grills. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Makahuena at Poipu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Castle Makahuena At Poipu Hotel Poipu
Castle Makahuena At Poipu Kauai

If you own or manage Castle Makahuena at Poipu, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.