I stayed at Makhuena from October 12th through 16th of 2003 in a 3 bedroom condominium unit. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.
This is my 4th trip to Hawaii (2nd to Kauai), and I must say this was probably the best accommodation I had overall.
I requested a unit with 4 twin beds, and this was provided without a problem. The views were nice; I didn't request an oceanview room, but Evelyn gave me an ocean view. I could see the waves hitting the rocks, and at night, I would fall asleep to the sounds of waves.
The rooms did not have air conditioning, but I didn't feel like I needed one. Because this property overlooks the ocean directly, there is a pleasant ocean breeze. There were fans in all the rooms, including ceiling fans.
The rooms very clean, and kitchen sparkling. All of my expectations were met....Everyone in our party had a great time there, and look forward to going back eventually.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makahuena at Poipu is an oceanfront condominium on the southernmost point of Kauai that offers a rare opportunity to experience both a stunning sunrise and sunset. Accommodations include one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include a pool, jet spa, tennis court, and barbecue grills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Makahuena at Poipu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Hotel Poipu
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Kauai