“Always a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Poipu
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Always a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I love this resort! I live on Oahu and visit Kauai as often as possible, and try to stay at Sheraton Kauai everytime. The best thing about it is the friendliness of the employees! I generally travel alone and don't expect much attention, but every single person I came across all smiled and said aloha or good morning! It made my stay much more enjoyable and I wasn't hesitant to ask for anything!
My trip started off great from my check in with Leona who was very pleasant and seemed legitimately sincere when she told me to have a good stay! Lava's is a fun place to hang out, mark and Vance kept me company and made me several great drinks! Rum fire is a nice restaurant with a great view! Noel and benji took good care of me during my stay. April, the manager of rum fire was also quite pleasant to talk with and remembered me when I went back the second night!
My room was really nice, the bed was so comfortable and emelda made sure that it was extra clean for me! She even made sure I had extra liquid creamer for my coffee in the morning! She was very friendly!
Frank, at lavas for breakfast, was also very nice!
All in all, I felt very comfortable at Sheraton Kauai and will most definitely return! If you want the aloha spirit when you come to Kauai, I recommend staying here!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Polish first
Kanata, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was our first time visiting Kauai and we fell in love with Sheraton Kauai the moment we walked into the Front Desk. .. We stayed for 1 night and two full days but would have loved to stay longer! From the moment we checked-in till we checked out - our experience was one of the best we have had. Sissy at the Front Desk truly looked after us; she was not only efficient but also very understanding! We were upgraded to partial Garden and Sea View and a late checkout. Sincerely, we couldn’t ask for more for our short stay!
We were invited to the Social Hour and enjoyed the complimentary wine tasting for SPG members while mingling with other hotel guests. What a great way to meet other travellers from far and near! At a very short notice, we were also accommodated in the Wine Paring Dinner the same evening, the only evening we had on the island. We would like to mention in particular what an excellent hotel restaurant RumFire was/is. The food and the Californian wines to go with it were superb.
Our experience was enhanced by our stay at Sheraton. We had a great time in Kauai exploring the island's beauty and the ocean!

Room Tip: Beach Front or PartiaL Garden and Beach view on higher floor.
Green Features: I believe they have a programme but am not in a position to comment.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Room was so disappointing. Old dirty carpet, dingy, few electrical outlets, poor air conditioning, although maintenance did come fairly promptly to attempt to fix it on two occasions. Very, very tiny bathroom, refrigerator did not work. Nothing about this room resembled a Sheraton--it was more like an old Motel 6. Did not feel like we got what we paid for. However lobby area, pool, access to beach is terrific.

Stayed May 2014
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Aloha Madelyn M,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort for your accommodations in the islands and for taking the time to review your stay. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our public areas, we were disappointed that your room fell short of your expectations, especially as all of our amenities should be in good working order. If you did not speak to one of our team members during your stay, we encourage you to connect with a manager on duty so that we may personally inspect your room. We hope for the opportunity to speak with you soon. Mahalo.
Lethbridge AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Very nice hotel, excellent staff. great location on Poipu Beach. The beach immediately in front of the hotel was not particularly kid (the pool would be fine for family's) friendly as it dropped off quickly & the waves broke right on shore but there is Brennecke Beach just down the island a ways. Lots of turtles & a few monk seals cruising the beaches so the snorkeling was really interesting.

Room Tip: We started out in a Garden View room which was very quite & private over looking the Garden but...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We are very disappointed with this Sheraton,....the lobby, beach, pool area and grounds are pretty but OMG the rooms are just awful.....dated, tiny, tiny bathroom, old fixtures, AC is not cooling well, despite maintenance man trying to fix it....we will not stay here again....

Room Tip: maybe the rooms across the street are nicer??.......on the ocean side? but the rooms across from the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Aloha DonnaL773,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort and for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate you highlighting the public areas and our location, however, we are sorry to hear your accommodations did not meet your expectations. Our guests' comfort is of the utmost important to us, and we welcome you to connect with our team to discuss your stay further. We hope for the opportunity to turn around your impression of Sheraton Kauai and to welcome you back in the future. Mahalo.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times. The location, service, and resort itself are top notch.

Paulie, Mark, and Cindy in Lavas beachside bar are outstanding. They give impeccable service and are an absolute pleasure to talk with. Benji behind the bar at Rumfire is also fantastic. He really strives for quality customer service.

If you have the means even just for a night or 2 get an ocean front room. The views are incredible. We have also stayed in the garden rooms and find them to be clean and comfortable. Just a short walk to the main pool and beach. Rooms in both wings are standard hotel rooms, but have everything you need.

Beach is one of the best on the island for lounging and swimming. Resort has snorkel gear for rent at a reasonable rate. Oceanside pool is nice too. Never had an issue finding chairs around the pool either.

Food at Rumfire is great. Free wine tasting 3 nights a week. There are also plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

It would be really hard for you not to enjoy yourself here. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Yes, you are going to have to pay a $28 daily resort fee. All resort style hotels seem to be doing t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I have so many wonderful things to say about this hotel. From the beginning of check in we had a very nice receptionist who was very helpful and helped to start things off on a good note;) I was very very happy with our ocean front room. It was spacious and clean and loved our view!!!
We had gone down to Lavas to eat and the food was great. We had a great waitress that was very catering and friendly. Also got Bannana bread from the cafe by the lobby. Loved it so much that I made sure to buy more to take home with me. The ladies that work there are also very friendly. Let me not forget the valet and bell man they were attentive and friendly to.
An overall Amazing experience.
We will be back again next month ;) I encourage everyone to stay at the Sheraton Kauai.
A 5 STAR stay for me!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Sheraton Kauai Resort? Share your experiences!