“amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Poipu
Singapore, Singapore
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

get a ocean front room and you will love this place. great food. perfect location and amazing views. lots of parking space. pool side restaurant has good food at reasonable prices. lots of nearby shops too. definitely get a car while on the island

Room Tip: ocean facing rooms on high floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Polish first
Medford, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This property was more than we could ask for. I had read thru reviews and was expecting bad service and dirty public areas according to what I'd read. It was a beautiful property with lots of walking paths, access to one of the most swimming friendly beaches, and clean, well-equipped rooms. The ponds around the property were delightful - dirty? I would not say so - they were rock bottomed and lovely with lots of plants and lots of hidden areas to discover - it was really easy to find a quiet corner to be alone and appreciate the beauty of the location. The room was nice and neat, clean bathroom and excellent room service. They even returned later in the day when they'd left a note that they'd already been there and missed cleaning. I'd read now dated the rooms were but found that not to be the case at all. They weren't top of the line modern/brand new but they were excellent considering how little time we spent in the room; the bathroom was sufficient and very clean which is all that I ask for from a vacation bathroom (after all I'm not sleeping in there). Front desk was extremely helpful as was the concierge. Wonderfully kid-friendly. The pool areas are great and you never get the feeling that kids are not welcome as I have from other resorts. The beach bungalow is a wonderful value and was actually able to do some work right there on the beach although I did have to go up near the actual building to get Wi-Fi...the signal was too weak at the bungalow. The only strong negative I had was the price of the resort food. The afternoon food at 'LAVA's' was fairly priced and good. The drinks were extremely expensive....even the drinks on special. The evening fare at LAVA's and RUM FIRE wee extremely expensive - especially when you read the reviews from all of the food sites on those restaurants. Brunch was a consideration until we learned that it was $25 per adult and $13 for my 4 year old will only eat a hard boiled egg or cereal - there were no concessions made and even their regular menu was comparably priced. The prices made it impossible to eat at the restaurant on site. We spent a full day at the pool & beach and after 3 drinks, 3 beer and 2 appetizer plates walked away with a $150 bill....literally! The MaiTai's were $12 each and extremely small. BYOB. Overall we had a wonderful experience at the resort and experienced more positives than negatives.

Room Tip: Try not to get one in building 5 if you end up getting a garden view room - it's right next to t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Koloa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We had deluxe ocean front room it was clean, spacious and well appointed with all we required. We enjoyed the daily buffet breakfast at Lava's and the warm friendly and helpful servers! The location is absolutely amazing and we would highly recommend it to friends or family and are planning our next trip already!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Aloha Karen P,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort and for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your ocean front room, dining experiences and our friendly team members. We hope for the opportunity to be of service to you again soon and welcome you back to our oceanfront location. Mahalo.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am not sure who is rating the property so high but I am being generous with a two star. This was probably a good place back in 1965 or even 1970 but in 2014 it just looks tired. The bathroom is so small you have to angle around the door before you can close it. The tub tiny, old and is stained badly. We are stayed in the 7 building which is not the best or the worst. I agree that the location is good but other than that, this place should be razed and rebuilt.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Aloha 3rdGenSeattle,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the resort but are sorry to hear other aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. It is important for us to continually improve the guest experience at Sheraton Kauai Resort and your feedback is invaluable to us. We invite you to connect with us so that we may personally inspect your room. Mahalo.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed in the garden view rooms, building 6 on the forth floor. I had read other reviews saying this was a long walk to the beach, this was highly exaggerated. The room was to be expected, nothing over the top but clean and comfortable. My only major issue was the air conditioner. The temperature would only let me set it as low as 18.5 but the temperature in the room never got below 20.5 and it was not cool enough ever especially on the warm days. The cleaning staff was thorough. The concierge was helpful and friendly. If you are looking to hang by the pool this is not the place to be. A very small pool near the ocean and another one hidden in the back with the garden rooms. The ocean in font of the hotel is great as well as just to the left on Poipu beach, the best snorkelling in the winter. We saw lots of colourful fish and a few turtles. The main way I can categorize this hotel is it is great for the area and what we paid $203 a night with AAA discount.

• Stayed February 2014
Aloha ChristinaG79,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Kauai Resort and for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate you highlighting the resort's great swimming beach location and our friendly team members. However, we apologize with the challenge you had to get your room to a comfortable temperature. If you did not bring this issue to our attention during your stay, we welcome you to connect with us at your convenience so that we may look into this matter. We thank you for your feedback and hope for the chance to welcome you back to the resort soon. Mahalo.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I will start off by saying the Sheraton has a beautiful location in Poipu. The room was nice and clean, but very limited on the number of towels and wash clothes they give you.
The problem I had with Sheraton was when I checked in. I had booked a ocean front room because of the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. The receptionist on check in said I had a partial ocean view booked and unless I could prove otherwise, there was nothing she could do. I did not have a printed copy of my original receipt, the e-mail with my confirmation numberis all I thought I had. I knew I had paid for an ocean front ($400 a night), and thankfully I did find the orginal e-mail from 6 months ago. They did honor the ocean front, but it had a roof and wall on one side which to me was not acceptable. I had to talk to a supervisor before they would change my room to an ocean front over looking the pool. It is very quiet at the Sheraton, with no shops or entertainment. I wish there was a screen on the sliding glass door, because i was always smashing little black bugs. If I go to Kauai again, I will pay a little extra ant stay at the Hyatt in Poipu.

Room Tip: I would choose an ocean front at this property. There are room across the street and there is no vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Aloha Bon49,

Warm greetings from the Sheraton Kauai Resort. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your recent experience. We appreciate you highlighting our beautiful location but are sorry for the challenges you faced at check in. We apologize that you were unsatisfied with your room, but thank you for the opportunity your feedback provides to improve our guest experiences. Further, I am pleased that I was able to reach out to you personally via email to discuss your stay. I look forward to connecting with you soon and hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort. Mahalo.
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Glad we booked the oceanfront room, wonderful view, lots of whale activity to watch from balcony. A light at the balcony would be good to have for people who like to sit outside evenings, reading a book and listening to the surf. Screen doors would be another plus.
Great location, beach close, everything is close. Pool nicely maintained and plenty of lounge chairs. More umbrellas would be super. Valet crew always so helpful and friendly. They are the best.
Rooms are a good size just not enough drawers. We needed to call housekeeping several times as maids are forgetful; did not leave wash cloth, hand towels, shampoo, coffee cups.....that is a bit annoying. Restaurants pricy but plenty of other options.
All in all though, a place to go back to. We sure plan on doing it.

Room Tip: choose oceanfront it is worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Kauai Resort? Share your experiences!