Traveled to Hawaii from NY to celebrate a few special occasions. I had called the hotel in advance to notify them so they would perhaps do something special, but alas at check in they had no idea what I was talking about. We were checked into our garden view room after hours of travel and just wanted to sleep. We were informed that the marathon was happening the next AM and would perhaps provide some disruptions as it was literally ending outside our room. As a marathon runner myself I know how the end festivities are -- super loud. Front desk would not change our room. We were woken at 6AM to a band practicing. so much for a relaxing night of rest to start our trip. The manager was kind enough to change our room that morning after we complained about the noise, an upgrade to an ocean front room. The views were quite nice, however it ended there. For the next 3 nights we were kept up by 2 luaus and an outdoor movie -- blaringly loud right outside our room again. We called down to the front desk to ask when the noise would stop, and were put on hold for 15 minutes. We called again to get a manager and no one ever called us back or tried to contact us. Aside from this, the food here was TERRIBLE -- and I've had some bad food, but it's usually not $50! This was not even edible, and for ALOTof money -- even more than the Grand Hyatt or St Regis!! We were appalled and ended up driving elsewhere for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Now on the to pool...if you are looking for a spring break kind of vacation, this is the place for you. We were however looking for some relaxation...which is impossible here. Kids running all over the place and loud club music blaring from the pool restaurant. The icing on the cake was the cockroach spotted near the pool on our last day.
The whole week was a total disappointment and disaster. I'm more exhausted now than before I left for the trip. To top it off, on my first day back to NY I am spending hours on the phone with the Sheraton accounting department for false charges on my credit card.
This hotel RUINED our trip. For the same price you can find much better service and hotels on the island.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel
- Sheraton Kauai
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.